Script Device.StartSynch Not working

This forum is for questions / discussions regarding development of addons / tweaks for MediaMonkey for Windows 4.

Moderators: Gurus, Addon Administrators

JohnPaulJones

Script Device.StartSynch Not working

Post by JohnPaulJones »

Hi All,

I have the following code which should in theory send the new song to my ipod. The new SongList is created and works correctly, and the synchronisation kicks off - both the bottom bar in Media Monkey and the ipod show that a file (the correct one) is being synchronised.

The sync never finnishes trying to copy the file over - is there something I am missing in the creation of the new song, or am I missing something out on the StartSynch call? The code runs without error but no updated songs?! If I drag and drop the same song using media monkeys interface there is not a problem. If I create the song from a song already on the ipod the synch works correcly, so it looks to me that the issue is in copying the actual file to the ipod?

Song Creation is:

Code: Select all

SongsDB.SDBApplicationClass SDB = new SongsDB.SDBApplicationClass();
                SDB.ShutdownAfterDisconnect = true;

SongsDB.SDBSongIterator songs = (SongsDB.SDBSongIterator)SDB.Database.QuerySongs("ID=4");
                newSongList = SDB.NewSongList;                

while (!songs.EOF)
                {
                    SongsDB.SDBSongData song = songs.Item;
                    newSongList.Add(song);

songs.Next();
                }

SDB.Device.StartSynch(deviceHandle, newSongList);

Does anyone have any ideas?
trixmoto

Re: Script Device.StartSynch Not working

Post by trixmoto »

Sorry, I don't, but I am interested in this method. I'm wondering if there's a way to use it to trigger a full automatic sync? I'm also wondering what the "device handle" is - is it the DeviceInst?
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Aff

Post by Aff »

I didn't get anything to work regarding device classes from a script. :(
I'd be interested as well if I don't have to write a DLL. (Even though my sync back scripts may reach the end of their life cycle as MMA is growing up).
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

This is not possible, added as http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=10625 to Mantis