Error querying database after database optimization

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

DJ Nativus

Error querying database after database optimization

Post by DJ Nativus »

I was using MM 4.1 beta and decided to do a complete database optimizatnoi of my 1.3 TB of music made up of mostly FLAC files. After the program stalled for a couple minutes, I got the error "Therew as a problem querying the database." I clicked ignore and it came back and even hitting cancel it came back so I closed MM. I opened it up again and the error came up immediately. At this point, I backdated to the latest official release 4.0.7.1511 and launched MediaMonkey and got the same error again.

Please help... I have the gold edition and I love my finely organized database. Please help me save it.

Screenshot of error

I should add that I have a watch folder setup to scan continuously and at launch. I found out this error happens on pretty much ever track as I can tell in the status window. By editing the ini to 0 for scan on start and constant monitoring, the error won't happen and I can at least use MM for now but my favorite feature of MM is auto-organize so please help me get this working.
Lowlander

Re: Error querying database after database optimization

Post by Lowlander »

Although there are reports that the 4.1 DB is backwards compatible with 4.0.7, it may be a problem. Did you interrupt the optimization process.
DJ Nativus

Re: Error querying database after database optimization

Post by DJ Nativus »

I believe I got it fixed by doing a complete scan with the official release. I think before the beta bombed out so it never completed so no database was ever made. It became obvious when searches were failing too.