Custom Report 3.2 - Updated 29/07/2014

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Mizery_Made

Re: Custom Report 2.9 - Updated 05/08/2012

Post by Mizery_Made »

The HTML file should be saved in the location set in the "Filename" box of the options page thing, it asking if you want to display it when clicking "Ok" is optional. Or are you asking if it's possible to run the report without having to bring up the options page and clicking "Ok"? In which case there is the "Custom Report Auto" option in the reports list which will run a report with the last used settings. If neither of these answers apply to what you're trying to ask, then I'll need some more clarification on what you're asking?
beg

Post by beg »

Hi,

I am using Custom Repor to export a massive amount for song data out of MM which is almost working fine. Since I have music from different parts of this world, special characters are challenge. Most of it is Spanish and characters as ó, á, ñ are exported just fine. I have the UTF-8 option enabled.

But I noticed that asian characters do not work - ok maybe this is too much to ask for..

But just know I saw that also turkish characters like ş, ı, İ are not working as well. Actually I thought that those should be easily covered with UTF-8?

any ideas of how to fix this?

best regards,
Bernhard
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

VBScript can't actually handle UTF-8, only UTF-16. The script does it's best to handle Unicode characters, but there probably are some limitations, due to VBScript.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
beg

Post by beg »

would it be possible to handle some of the special characters by hand somehow? Fetch them and convert them save them in a way so they survive? Because in many languages there are only a few you would need. For turkish there might be ten characters or so.. I would be prepared to support implementation. Or it is simply technically impossible?

cheers,
Bernhard
scott967

Post by scott967 »

My experience is that MM will keep any unicode, as long as you have the option for ID3 tag ASCII+UTF-16 set (not sure exactly what MM does with other tag specs, it seems to work in FLAC - vorbis comments ). Custom report with the UTF-16 option does work for me. For programs which want UTF-8 encoding, I found a freeware UTFCast Express which will batch-convert the UTF-16 to UTF-8.

scott s.
funkee911

Post by funkee911 »

Hi -
I'm getting an error message when I try to run the custom report script on my entire library. The goal is to isolate files that were last modified. I'm running a custom report including my entire 22,000 song library. The Columns are date modified (1), Title (2), Aritist Name (3), and Genre (4). When I click "OK" the report begins generating until the following comes up:

Error #5 - Microsoft VBScript Runtime Error
invalid procedure call or argument
file: C:\users\CervonC\AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey\Scripts\CustomReport.vbs", Line: 1048, Column: 10

Then I get another message:

Error happened during script execution:
Invalid Procedure call or argument.

What am i doing wrong, and what can I do to run this report? Thanks so much!
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

This is just writing a line to the file, so I'm not sure why it would error. If it's happening towards the end then I guess it could be the file getting too large maybe, or if it's earlier on, maybe it's an invalid character that VBScript can't handle.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
anonymust

Post by anonymust »

Two questions;

• How can I freeze the top pane (the title row)
  • How can I have the 'Rating' field displayed as a number, and tracks which are not rated will just show up as blank
    currently... a 4 Star track for me is being displayed as 80
and a non rated track is displayed as -1

If prefer my rating to be on a 5 star scale. 4=4 stars 4.5 is 4 & 1/2 stars rating.
"MediaMonkey is the shizzle my nizzle" - Snoop Dogg
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

1) I assume you mean in Excel? I've no idea if it's possible to put this into the XLS file during creation - maybe there is, I'd have to look though.

2) You could try using "RatingString" instead of "Rating" - I think this gives a better formatted value.
beg

Post by beg »

Hi,
I have this problem with exporting the date:

For plenty of tracks I only tagged a year, so in MM date field shows e.g.: "1941"
But for some I do have the complete date. So I would like to export the full date.

The problem is with all the tracks having the year only, when exporting using format "Fd/M/Y" I get "30/Nov/1941".
And thats so for ALL tracks having a year only. Always 30 for day and 11 for month seems to be added somewhere.

Is there any possibility to get get the year only if there is only the year tagged, but at the same time having the full date if the full date is saved into the tag?
Anyway it seems to be VERY strange that 30th of November is added ot the year..

best regards,
Bernhard
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I'll have to setup some test data to replicate this, as I only ever use the year, but it seems odd the script would be adding these values. I might need to look at adding a new "full date or year" column to handle this.
gregk

Post by gregk »

Is it possible to increase the number of columns? I need 25 columns for the report.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

The only real problem is the screen estate, but I'll see what I can do.
trixmoto

Re: Custom Report 3.0 - Updated 16/03/2013

Post by trixmoto »

New version (3.0) is now available to download from my website. Changes include...

- Fixed date formatting behaving strangely with unknown parts
- Added 14 new column types (including FullDate and MixedDate)
- Changed form layout to allow up to 25 report columns
- Added option to freeze header pane in Excel report types
gregk

Re: Custom Report 3.0 - Updated 16/03/2013

Post by gregk »

Thank you for that incredibly fast update! You're great!!