Artwork not showing on car stereo

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

JohanJooste

Artwork not showing on car stereo

Post by JohanJooste »

Morning, please could someone advise why albumartwork does not show on my car stereo system ?
The tracks is in WAV format we've used MM to download art it shows in the MM library and after transfer
to IPod it shows on the IPod aswell. The track playes not sweat but the artwork does not show up.

Any ideas please ?

Thanx and regards :lol:
rovingcowboy

Re: Artwork not showing on car stereo

Post by rovingcowboy »

The art is on ipod? The ipod is pluged in to the car radio, the songs are played from m3u list?
If so then the m3u list is not pointing to the art work in the songs folder only the song and the radio can not search folder for art work.

If songs are being played from in the folders and not from playlist, the the car radio still can not search folders for art work. You should check with car radio manufacturer and see if they have an cd rom or a usb thumb drive or if their dealership is used to make an firmware update to the radios computer, and then see if its free for you to have that done, if not free then toss radio out go buy newer one that will search folders on the players for artwork.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You may want to try a sync from iTunes to confirm that it does show Artwork that way. If it doesn't either the problem most likely lies with your car stereo.
JohanJooste

Post by JohanJooste »

Tx guys funny you both mention the problem to be with the car stereo as its a build Harmon Kardon system in a new 2012 Merc E63 Biturbo. Remember we are syncing WAV encoded tunes to the IPod and via iTunes the albumart is not visible hence the use of MM to get the albumart. Not sure where the problem lies as the art is definately on the Ipod. I will ask the dealership though if there are upgrades available.

Could it be something to do with the "IPod Control" which pops up under the IPod tree everytime we sync ? Tell you what MM have solved a lot of headaches with WAV tagging etc purely 'cause we're audiophiles and prefer that uncompressed format - if we could get a solution for the art to show on the car stereo that would be a 100% solution.

Regards. 8)
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

There have been reports that a sync with MM doesn't behave the same way as a sync with iTunes and this affects some car stereos. I presume a part of the issue is how car stereos have implemented iPod support (after the iPod does show Art) and partially a difference in syncing between MM and iTunes (may) be a problem. Both issues don't bode well for a solution as car stereo manufacturers are not know for good support (and how are you going to upgrade firmware on it?) and for MediaMonkey the problem is that everything is undocumented when it comes to Apple devices.