autostart and play

Discussion about anything that might be of interest to MediaMonkey users.

Moderator: Gurus

autostart and play

Post by Guest »

Is there a way to schedule the auto-starting of MM nad then begin playing? Mayby using the Windows Scheduler and a commoand-line finction?

Kinda of the timer option in reverse.

I currently use the time to shut down automatically as I go to sleep at night, and I would like MM to wake me up in the morning too!

thanks,
Michael
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

only way i can think of is to have script start a song file. or start a playlist that is run by media monkey and then have the script be started at a certian time by the task scheduler.

i have not tried it but i know winamp would start playing songs automaticly when the file was clicked on. so telling a file that is associated with media monkey to run should start media monkey up and play.

shouldn't it? :-?
rusty

Post by rusty »

There are a couple of 'Alarm Clock' plugins for Winamp2 that might be useful. Haven't tried any of them with MM, but would love to hear results of any tests with them.

btw, we've thought about integrating this type of functionality within MM. Is this of interest to many users?
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

not to me as i use the task scheduler for all my timed events for things i have the computer do by its self.

but you read my other post where i said i use componet sytle of items now as i am no longer in to the all in one programs.

but if you do add this in please make sure you allow the setting of multiple times as it would be handy to have a couple ten minute alarms to slowly wake up by. :D

and make it adjustable to the 5 min's not the hours or quarter hours. :D
Rene

Post by Rene »

Hi !
rusty wrote: btw, we've thought about integrating this type of functionality within MM. Is this of interest to many users?
This is a crucial feature for me. As long as MediaMonkey doesn't has this functionality I cant use it as my default player, because I often turn on my computer without monitor and want it to start playing my favourite playlist automatically.

René
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I have recently been using the PC without monitor too when I got to other people's parties.

My solution currently is creating a playlist and save it in a M3U file and leave a shortcut in startup. This will start MM and start playing when I start up the PC. Of course you have little control over the list without monitor, but it works great, especially in combination with a multimedia keyboard.
You do need to create the list, M3U and startup link when a monitor is attached.

As for MM taking care of this without a monitor it would still be hard to manage. I don't really need an autostart function for MM.
René

Autoplay

Post by René »

Lowlander wrote:My solution currently is creating a playlist and save it in a M3U file and leave a shortcut in startup.
Hi,

that seems to be a nice "workaround". Ill try it ... thx !

René
Jog

Post by Jog »

Banshee Screamer is a very good freeware alarm. It's smart, easy to install (just unzip it), low memory requirement, have multiple alarms, a timer, a countdown, atomic clock, multilingual, and skins feature.

It also has the ability to play any MP3 for alarm, the feature you are looking for.

http://www.student.cs.uwaterloo.ca/~smhanov/alarm/

I've been using this utility for years and it is my super morning alarm when I am on the road.
Jpg

Post by Jpg »

rusty wrote:btw, we've thought about integrating this type of functionality within MM. Is this of interest to many users?
I would be interested, especially if the alarm settings are extensive and fool-proofed. (see my previous post about Banshee Screamer). Randomized songs at wake-up based on classification, genre, or rating criterion would be also nice