iPod Nano 7G sync fails to show files [#9852]

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

DCist

iPod Nano 7G sync fails to show files [#9852]

Post by DCist »

Does the iPod Nano 7G sync with MediaMonkey? I have not been successful in getting music to play on the new iPod nano, even though MM recognizes a device and syncs music to it. When I try to play the synchronized music on the device, there's no music listed. The iPod image that appears in MM on the device summary tab is that of the iPod Classic. The wiki page listing known supported devices was last updated prior to the release of the new Nano 7G, and lists the Nano 6G as the latest supported Nano. http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.p ... ices#Apple

However, I'm running the latest MM 4.0.7.1506 RC, which according to the Recent News posted on MM's site, "MediaMonkey 4.0.7 (beta) can sync with: ... all non-iOS iPods". Should it instead state "all non-iOS iPods that are available as of Sept 2012"?
http://www.mediamonkey.com/news/2012/09 ... atibility/

I'm a little confused about the experience. Is iPod Nano 7G supposed to be supported in MM 4.0.7? If not, will it be supported in the immediate future?
Lowlander

Re: Devices known to synch correctly

Post by Lowlander »

Yes, it is supposed to work, but due to the lack of access to the newest devices little has been tested. So it is invaluable that you submit a debug log (step 4b and 4d) to support with the debug version of MediaMonkey 4.0.7.1506: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=6&t=341
Ludek

Re: iPod Nano 7G sync fails to show files

Post by Ludek »

DCist

Post by DCist »

On October 23, I submitted a helpdesk ticket with a link to the forum post, the debug log (4b) and the 2 files (4d) from my iPod Nano for the synchronization bugs.
DMLCo

Post by DMLCo »

Same behavior here. MM syncs with a brand new Nano, but the Nano says "No music."

Any ETA on a fix? I have a teenager who is distraught over a non-functioning birthday present. :o
This used to show my recently played tracks. Sad to see @lozzd's tool go dark.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You should be able to drag & drop music from MediaMonkey onto the Nano in iTunes to sync it as workaround. Another workaround is: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... lit=itunes
DMLCo

Post by DMLCo »

Can you detail the drag and drop more? No matter where I drag one or more files from MM, I don't get anything other than the "slashed circle" indicating I cannot drop the files there. Have tried onto the Nano icon in iTunes, into the Music window, etc.

The plugin would be hard--the music library is over 20K songs, so creating a duplicate cache of it would be sort of ugly.

If a solve is a few days away, she can deal with it. If it's more than that--HORROR--I may need to add the library into iTunes for her. Blech.
This used to show my recently played tracks. Sad to see @lozzd's tool go dark.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I believe that worked, but it doesn't for me either. However from Windows Explorer it does.
Trixiem

Post by Trixiem »

Has there been a fix to this? Everytime media monkey loads up it seems to corrupt the library on my Ipod nano 7g forcing me to restore it through itunes before itunes will even recognize it.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Mantis shows it will be fixed in 1507 which hasn't been released yet.
DCist

Post by DCist »

I can confirm that MM 4.07 build 1507 is syncing with my iPod Nano 7G. Thanks!!!
Trixiem

Re: iPod Nano 7G sync fails to show files [#9852]

Post by Trixiem »

Thanks i'll try it out now. Keep up the great work you guys have a great product.

Re: iPod Nano 7G sync fails to show files [#9852]

Post by Guest »

Just confirmed also. I was running an old version of MM (3.0.something) and wasn't able to sync with my iPod Nano 7G. Upgraded to 4.0.7 and it now works.