Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix 3.8.2 (2014-01-27)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

sooki

Re: Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix 3.7.4 (2010-08-21)

Post by sooki »

Hello,

I need a way to run this script on my iPod Device. Somehow there are multiples of the same thing on it. Can anybody help me with this?

Thank you very much
Bex

Post by Bex »

Sorry but this script only works on tracks in MM's library.
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
nijinski99

Post by nijinski99 »

hello newbie her eso please be patient.
i am trying to use the Custom duplicate search, but the opening window fills my screen & I'm unable to get the the bottom of the window screen where 'tolerance' box is & the 'search & save' is.
as newbie i'm sure i'm missing something simple?//

thanks in advance gjc
Bex

Post by Bex »

To reduce the size of the form in "Custom Duplicate Search" and "Find More from Same", you can remove fields you don't use in the options.
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.

All My Scripts
cldcp00

Post by cldcp00 »

I appear to be having problems installing Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix. It confirms that it has been installed but when I look under Files to Edit I cannot see the Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix header.

Can anybody give some advise please

Version of MM is 4.0.3.1476
Last edited by trixmoto on Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Merged with existing post
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Right click song you should see option to copy metadata (and a paste option too). You should seen an Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix option in the MediaMonkey Options and a find more from same, search result in the Media Tree.
Bluez

Post by Bluez »

Hi,
Is there a way that I can assign a shortcut key to copy and paste all of the metadata instead of having to right-click? I know it sounds a bit lazy but when trying to clean up a library it does become a tad tedious :oops:
Thank you.
Nanya

Post by Nanya »

Bluez wrote:Hi,
Is there a way that I can assign a shortcut key to copy and paste all of the metadata instead of having to right-click? I know it sounds a bit lazy but when trying to clean up a library it does become a tad tedious :oops:
Thank you.
Sure! Go to "Options" > "Advance Duplicate..." > "Copy MetaData Shortcut"
Bluez

Post by Bluez »

Nanya wrote:...
Sure! Go to "Options" > "Advance Duplicate..." > "Copy MetaData Shortcut"
Perfect - found it - thank you very much!
Bex

Re: Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix 3.8.0 (2012-10-27

Post by Bex »

Script is updated! :)

Ver 3.8.0 (2012-10-27)
- Moved the script from the main tree into every Collection
- Changed Filters to be Playlists instead (was very complicated...)
- Implemented new inifile handling to solve problems reported (no settings are migrated, everything needs to be set up again) :(

- Custom Duplicate Search
- - Replaced same/diff dropdowns with buttons instead
- - Implemented configurable "pages" to reduce the size of the form
- - Added the Keep/delete node settings so they are remembered per preset
- - Implemented individual tmp tables per collection so the script can be ran without interference between collections
- - Fixed "in/Not in"-Playlist (previously filter) in Keep/Delete node didn't work properly
- - Added Date (Release Date) to Keep/Delete

- Same Content (Tracks/Folders)
- - Implemented individual Playlist filter per collection
- - Implemented individual tmp tables per collection so the script can be ran without interference between collections
- - Added right click short cut menus on the nodes to set "Filter by Playlist"
- - Fixed so the TSC Ok-List is individual per collection. Old values are transferred to Entire Library
- - Added Date (Release Date) to Keep/Delete

- Find More From Same
- - Implemented configurable "pages" to reduce the size of the form
- - Added search in Collection
- - Fixed search for filename didn't work
- - Fixed search didn't work properly for EQUALS, STARTS WITH, SMART CONTAINS for text fields
- - Fixed form wasn't resizeable
- - Renamed "Smart Contains" to "Contains Full word"

- Copy/Paste Metadata
- - Rearranged the form
- - Added all new MM4 fields
- - - SkipCount
- - - Producer
- - - Actors
- - - ParentalRating
- - - EpisodeNumber
- - - SeasonNumber
- - - TrackType
- - - Start/Stop time
- - - Bookmark

Please note that previous settings are deleted upon installing this update. And no settings are migrated to this version, so all settings needs to set up again. This is needed in order to fix the "Subscript out of range" error reported. You might want to take screen shots of your old Presets/AutoActions/AutoSearches before you apply this update!

This has also been a very time consuming update where a lot of the code has been changed. Special thanks go to Nyn who has been testing the update a lot during the development! :D

Please leave a comment of what you think of the update and of course if you find any bugs!

This version is only compatible with MM4.
Download here or from the first post:
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix 3.8.0
If you're a new user, please read the first post, including the installation instructions.

Enjoy!
/Bex

All My Scripts
Koinu

Re: Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix 3.8.0 (2012-10-27)

Post by Koinu »

Hello Bex,

thank you very much for your fantastic work! This could save not only hours but days or weeks of stupid sorting.

Unfortunately, I've a problem. Not sure if it's a bug or my fault.
Scenario:
- click on Custom Duplicate Search, choose something, "Save and Search"
- click on Create Keep/Delete Suggestion Nodes, choose something, "Create Nodes"
- the following error appears:

Scenario 2:
- Tracks with same Content, when I want to delete the files in the "Delete Suggestions", the following error:

My settings:
Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Media Monkey Gold 4.0.6.1501

Again, I highly appreciate your work!

Thanks, Mathias

EDIT:
I got another Error which might be more helpful:
Bex

Post by Bex »

Hi Koinu,

I can't reproduce but I see that you are using the script in two different collections. Does the errors occur if you only use the script within one collection? (Restart MM first.)

All My Scripts
skywinder

Post by skywinder »

Hi! I have a prolem: Can't delete files. everytime after Select Transfer/Delete Actions, when I click OK rising this window:Image
Koinu

Post by Koinu »

Bex wrote: I can't reproduce but I see that you are using the script in two different collections. Does the errors occur if you only use the script within one collection? (Restart MM first.)
Thank you for your quick reply.
I deinstalled everything, deleted the database and right now build it up from the scratch to test it again (takes some time....).
What do you mean with two different collections?
skywinder

Post by skywinder »

hello, Bex!
I have exacly the same problem as Koinu.

Scenario:
- click on Custom Duplicate Search, choose something, "Save and Search"
- click on Create Keep/Delete Suggestion Nodes, choose something, "Create Nodes"

After the same actions
(I can decribe it in detailed, if it's needed)
Can't delete files.
Everytime after click to Select Transfer/Delete Actions, and click OK it rising error.

The first attempt to remove file - the rising this message: (Once.. and everytime after restart MM)

And after any other try to delete - rise this message:

My settings:
Windows 7 x64
Media Monkey Gold 4.0.6.1501