I'm changing my computer- Help !

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

cliveknight

I'm changing my computer- Help !

Post by cliveknight »

Hello, I'm changing my computer within which I have MM Gold installed. I also have all of my music ripped to my c:drive on this computer. I also have a complete copy of all of those audio files on my NAS device.

How should I proceed to disable MM Gold on my existing PC and install on my new PC
I decided that I want to have MM manage all of the music on my NAS, so once I install MM Gold on my new PC, how do I point it or configure it to do this, in terms of telling it the location of all my music files, so it can pull them all together and manage acccordingly?

Thankyou
Bex

Re: I'm changing my computer- Help !

Post by Bex »

Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
cliveknight

Post by cliveknight »

Thanks for your help, but I don't have a MM.db file. Under my username I have appdata, local, mediamonkey and then two folders- one called previews and one called virtual cd. Why do I not have a MM.db?? Any ideas?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

DB is stored here: http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... ticleid=17 You may need to enabled the viewing of hidden files in Windows Explorer to see it.
cliveknight

Post by cliveknight »

How do I go about downloading media monkey to my new lap top as i don't want to have to pay again... how to get around this? I tried to use my previous download link, but it expired already!!
cliveknight

Post by cliveknight »

Thanks lowlander i located the mm.db file now. So how do i go about downloading media monkey again, this time onto a new pc?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

cliveknight

Post by cliveknight »

Thanks again lowlander. I have pointed the new download of MM to look at my NAS where all of my music is stored. It's adding the files but taking a long time. So far 2 hrs. I note that there are % signs within some of the file names of the songs, whereas others have just the name of the song.wav or name of song.flac. I guess the MM is just cycling through all of the music to determine type of file for all files. Am I right here lowlander?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Hard to tell from here. However if you see http in the paths you're scanning the NAS's media server and not the files.
cliveknight

Post by cliveknight »

Thanks lowlander, so nothing wrong with scanning the NAS right?, since this is where my music is stored and shared, I pointed the MM to the appropriate folder on the NAS. MM is playing them ok, but there are still many % symbol in the song file names. The scanning took 3 hours... probably because I did this via wireless rather than wired. When I had the MM on my other pc, I don't recall seeing any % symbols in the file names! Strange lowlander.