Posibilities

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

Balinsky

Posibilities

Post by Balinsky »

I just got an idea for increased functionality for MediaMonkey and I thought I would throw it out there.

It could have the hideable windows like the newer windows suite stuff. You know what they use to auto hide their toolbars and debuging windows and such, with the little thumbtack.

I personally don't use the now playing window very much, but I leave it there in case I need it. If after a little while it auto-hid that would be so sweet.

It would also open many other posibilities such as docking the properties window and then hiding it when you don't need it. It could also be used down the line for other plugins such as lyrics or really anything.
MediaMonkey Gold member
ninerays

Post by ninerays »

I think this would be a great idea especially docking the properties window. It would have to change with the current selection(s) though.
This would improve productivity of changing tags.
Balinsky

Post by Balinsky »

Yea but as far as I know it would be no small change.
MediaMonkey Gold member
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

It would also be nice if scripters could dock their forms in MM.
psyxonova wrote:Perhaps what MM needs is a sidebar with customizable content (and accesible for scripting). I am pretty sure that this will boost MM's funtionality as well as unleash the imagination of scripters...
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
ninerays

Post by ninerays »

what about if properties were displayed as a view in the album art window? Also with a link to edit, which would then open the existing properties with all the tabs etc.

The properties could display just the fields that had data in them & you could switch between that & album cover.

That way it is already dockable & will take up no further monkey screen real estate.
wallstreetwalker

Post by wallstreetwalker »

after testing the new WMP 11 beta,
i thought of a wish, searching the forum i noticed someting similar had already been proposed (over here :lol: ).

it would be great to have different modes:
like the party mode: showing only party related stuff (and disabling some options) already implemented.

- tag-mode: showing only the player and all tags (maybe also playlist) (in a docked window like the now playing one - > now on low priority :( )

- play mode: only showing playlist, player, album art, lyrics and song information

it would be even better if you could choose which windows to see in a certain mode.

switching between these set-up could be done with a button or tabs.

PS: there is nothing like this in WMP 11, but they use tabs for different settings (library tab, now playing tab, sync tab, ...) that's how i got the idea, but i think what i described is even better, as with WMP you can't see both playlist and library (and album art and song info)
EDIT:you can see both playlist and library :) in WMP (just found out)

BTW: i'm having second doubts if WMP really is that good, compared to WMP 10 it's superb, but compared with MM -> need some more testing 8)
PUNK IN DRUBLIC
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

This has been requested and often discussed. The party mode addition was the first iteration. Others (like a more MCE type of interface for TV usage or miniplayer) have been promised, we'll have to see when it will be added.

Dock in Album Art viewer? Use tabs?

Post by Guest »

Maybe some tabs could be added to the album art viewer, you could view the different album arts in your tags and add a tab for properties, docked down there.

Scaling would be an issue, but I'd just use the same form and have it scroll.

I imagine most people would resize the album art window to the same size as the properties if they used it.