MM Android Player

This forum is for questions / discussions regarding development of addons / tweaks for MediaMonkey for Windows 4.

Moderators: Gurus, Addon Administrators

daztrue

Re: MM Android Player

Post by daztrue »

I totally agree with the last few posts! :D I'd also like to see an emphasis on network setups (which will apply to the desktop as well as Android), such as communal files on a NAS, 'cherry-picked' for various MM DB. In such a setup, settings such as tags, ratings, playcounts etc. would be more practically stored in the DB than as metadata. However, I know I personally would want to select which files I control the metadata for, and which I simply store data in the DB for, thus allowing another account to control the metadata for other files without affecting how my own DB is displayed. It would be a kind of permissions feature, perhaps with a master user option.

Also on the subject of network/NAS setup, it would be great to see the app with on-the-fly streaming features, similar to Skifta, Orb, Plex etc.
abatistas1709

Post by abatistas1709 »

Don't forget replay gain/level playback volume.
MadMan Writer

Post by MadMan Writer »

For Launch

A player that works with various audio codecs
Sync with main mediamonkey without issue

For later
Ability to use addons that work with main program, if possible
legan

Post by legan »

So 2 months on from the last update, would love to hear how things progress
misplacedamerican

Post by misplacedamerican »

I am so thankful that someone is picking this up, however has their been any progress lately?
jiri

Post by jiri »

Yes, internally we have quite a good progress, we just want to rush the first alpha version in order to be really usable. I hope that there will be something out for you to test in roughly a month or so.

Jiri
Melloware

Post by Melloware »

Is the goal of this project to be able to sync your music back and forth between the Android and MM and have a player on the MM side or is it to remotely control a running MM instance?

For those of you that are just interested in controlling a running MM instance from your Android, Monkeytunes already accomplishes that if you want to check it out....

http://melloware.com/products/monkeytunes/
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware Inc.
MonkeyTunes - DACP Server for MediaMonkey
Intelliremote - Take Back Control of your HTPC!
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Misplaced_One

Post by Misplaced_One »

Hello,

Any updates on the status? Since people were putting up their wishlists, here's mine.

1) Be able to listen and update my ratings on the device
2) Sync the device via WiFi when I am home to update the #played, Ratings on the PC and as a result of the update, update the Smart Playlists and resync if necessary

Thanks a ton
Andulien

Post by Andulien »

Hey there,

I would love to hear a status on this project as well. Been loving TunesRemote, tho the Wifi Sync, as well as just continuing the music on your Android phone would be a great feature to have. I just recently found an App that does exactly that for the Iphone and ITunes. Might be able to take a look at that? http://player.vimeo.com/video/20154325 That's exactly something I would love to see with Mediamonkey and my Android phone :D
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

I imagine that an MM for Android app would have some form of database at it's core and thus the functionality would be a given, but I'd definitely like to see the ability to use the "Only use first Artist/Genre" options available. That is, unless the MM for Android app managed to give us multi-value field support like that Desktop version.

Either way, I'm new to the Android world and would definitely like to pull out my phone and see a familiar monkey on the screen, haha.
goz

Post by goz »

There are a lot of great players for android (personally, I like Meridian), but syncing tags is the big issue for me. This is especially a big problem on FLAC. IMHO, a MM player would be nice, but just a stand alone file sync would be GREAT.

Just something as basic as extracting the android music database to an XML file that the desktop MM could read and vise versa.
heronheart

Post by heronheart »

goz wrote:There are a lot of great players for android (personally, I like Meridian), but syncing tags is the big issue for me. This is especially a big problem on FLAC. IMHO, a MM player would be nice, but just a stand alone file sync would be GREAT.

Just something as basic as extracting the android music database to an XML file that the desktop MM could read and vise versa.
Amen!
BucketHead

Post by BucketHead »

jiri wrote:Yes, internally we have quite a good progress, we just want to rush the first alpha version in order to be really usable. I hope that there will be something out for you to test in roughly a month or so.

Jiri
What a tease. I'm eager for an android player with 1/2 star ratings!

Post by Guest »

Any news on release dates for alpha or beta versions at least? It's been a while since any news was posted.

thank you.
Den92

Post by Den92 »

I'm afraid MM Android Player is a vaporware ... :roll:
this software should be managed directly by ventis Media !
There truly high expectations of all users of MM.

All music software have an android application.
Spotify, Deezer, Last FM, iTunes, Foobar2000, Songbird, all .. except .... MM. :evil:
MM 4.0.3 + MonkeyRock 5.6 + MonkeyFlow 1.1 + MonkeyTunes et TuneRemote+ (pour Android) + Case & Leading ZeroFixer 1.4.2 + MagicNodes 4.2 + Backup 5.8 + Filtered Statistique report 1.5.1 + Case and Leading Zéro Checker 1.4.2 + LastFM Scrobler 1.0.2.29 + MM Codec pack 2.0.0.14 + Skin WMP11. Le tout installer sur un serveur dédier Zotac nano Plus sur Windows Seven SP2 32 bits.
Le UPNP est activer dans MM4 pour permettre l'accès de la base de données à la Freebox, la PS3 et plusieurs appareils portable sous Android.