Motorla Xoom and MM4

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

mjlenox

Motorla Xoom and MM4

Post by mjlenox »

I was synchronizing my Motorola Xoom just fine with MM3. I could right-click any playlist and select Send To --> Xoom (synchronize) and it would do it's thing. Since upgrading to MM4, however, I perform the same click and it goes to "Copying To Xoom (0 of 976:)" and sits there in perpetuity. I cannot believe the developers would break something that worked flawlessly before, so any ideas on what I am missing here? Else I fear I wasted my money upgrading.

Thanks.
howerf85

Re: Motorla Xoom and MM4

Post by howerf85 »

Im in the same boat as you. All my files are on media monkey as flac so in the auto conversion rules i have selected to convert to mp3. When i set up a large amount of audio files to transfer it took 2.5 days to do 500 out of 1200 and not all of them were on my unit. I thought it might have been because i chose too many because maybe mediamonkey 4 cant handle it whereas mediamonkey 3 could, so ive started to do single albums and some will convert whereas the majority wont. I purchased a lifetime licence for mediamonkey because i do find it an absolutely awesome program but im going to consider changing to something else if they cant fix this problem.
jiri

Post by jiri »

Please create and send us a debug log of the problem.

Thanks,
Jiri
mjlenox

Post by mjlenox »

jiri wrote:Please create and send us a debug log of the problem.

Thanks,
Jiri
Jiri, apologies but I have no clue how to do that.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

mjlenox wrote:I have no clue how to do that.
Step 4b: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=69
mjlenox

Post by mjlenox »

Lowlander wrote:

Wow, sorry but I am a very busy guy. I expect when I purchase a program, the programmers will debug it. I really don't have hours to spend fixing your program for you. I love MediaMonkey, but I am not a paid programmer on your staff.

Thanks.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

mjlenox wrote:
Lowlander wrote:

Wow, sorry but I am a very busy guy. I expect when I purchase a program, the programmers will debug it. I really don't have hours to spend fixing your program for you. I love MediaMonkey, but I am not a paid programmer on your staff.

Thanks.
Unfortunately there are thousands of devices out there and the MM team cannot possibly test every single one, so they rely on help from the community for some of them. If you aren't willing to help us out then you'll be out of luck until someone with the same device sends us a log.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.