mm as ps3 media server. network error

Get answers about sharing MediaMonkey for Windows 4 with different devices.

Moderator: Gurus

paleopoint1

mm as ps3 media server. network error

Post by paleopoint1 »

I have mm 4 set up as my ps3 media server. ps3 sees and displays mm. however when i try to play an mp3 i get a network error 80710101 on my ps3. any advice? Thank You.
Lowlander

Re: mm as ps3 media server. network error

Post by Lowlander »

Does the PS3 play files from other Media Servers (if you have any)? Can other UPnP clients play from the MediaMonkey Server. Also go through the settings and make sure the correct Auto-Conversion has been setup.
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

Is your PS3 and Computer connected to your network through a wireless or wired connection? If they're running wirelessly you may want to check the signal strengths. Where I have my router and PS3, I can only manage about a 70% connection and I receive a lot of network errors, including when trying to stream from MM. However the few times I moved the router closer (but it's an impractical permanent move for the time being) and managed a 97% or so connection rate... I had no Network errors, including while streaming through MM.
paleopoint1

Post by paleopoint1 »

yes files play through ps3media server. i don't have other UPnP clients. I will check conversions again. what is the correct auto conversion
paleopoint1

Post by paleopoint1 »

i dont know how to check signal strength but my router is 3 feet from my ps3.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Check with the device manual as to what formats it supports. Converting to MP3 is a safe bet as nearly everything supports MP3.

You can also set the IP Port to 4000 in MediaMonkey and browse the MediaMonkey Server from within MediaMonkey itself. This can help with troubleshooting.
paleopoint1

Post by paleopoint1 »

ok all is set to convert to mp3. ps3 shows unsupported data when i try to play file. under info for file on ps3 . size, length, and codec are all unlisted. i dont know how to browse mm server within mm.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Try setting the conversion to CBR MP3's instead of VBR. Also this seems to have been discussed in other threads on the forum.
scottycope

Post by scottycope »

Hey everyone,

I'm having a similar issue (that is, I cannot successfully stream MP3s from MM to my PS3). However, I am getting different errors on my ps3. The song I am playing is 2:46 long. At about the 1:45 mark, I get error 80710091, followed very closely by error 80710004. The song continues to play for about 20 seconds more and then just stops. The PS3 returns me to my song listing. It doesn't really matter what song I try - I still get the same results - a cutoff song.

I have tried changing the output of the incompatible audio to CBR - 128. No effect.

I tried enabling 'Allow control of MM player via uPnP/DLNA. Again, no effect.

My PS3 is using a wired connection to my router, via MOCA, but I've had no problems streaming movies via MOCA to an old Popcorn Hour box.

I'm out of ideas and getting frustrated very quickly. Does anyone have any ideas for me? I'd really appreciate any help anyone can give.

Thanks!
Scott
scottycope

Post by scottycope »

OK, so I've tried a few other things, but with the same result.

I confirmed that I had port forwarding set up on my router. The port specified in MM is set up to forward via UDP to the machine that is hosting MM. I believe that is as it should be.

I tried checking and unchecking the "max queue at 5000 MB" option. Same result either way.

I tried turning off the Random and Shuffle options within the PS3. No new results.

I did copy the song to my PS3 and it played to completion. That tells me that the song is good.

From what I gather, the errors I have been getting (80710091 and 80710004) seem to be buffer related, perhaps?

Does anyone have any ideas on any other settings or configurations I can try? Christmas is almost here and I really need to be able to stream my music downstairs.

Help!

Thanks...
ChefChaudart

ps3 media server. network error

Post by ChefChaudart »

Same issue here :evil:

I prepared PlayLists for New Year eve, but I wasn´t able to use them, cause I had always this error after a while :(

I had finally, and manually, to select my music directly from my NAS.