Embedded Minilyrics v1.4b [MM2+3+4]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Aff

Re: Embedded Minilyrics v1.4b [MM2+3]

Post by Aff »

Aff wrote:When I start MediaMonkey the first time after a reboot of my PC a MiniLyrics setup screen is shown where I have to choose MediaMonkey to start up.
This is fixed in version 7.2.858 :D Thanks go to Crintsoft for their fast and very nice support!
rose-m wrote:Wrote their official support 3 times, never got an answer or even an acknowledgement.
Have you contacted them by the online feedback form on the web? This may not to work reliably as it seems, I had to write an e-mail to get an answer.
Pman

Post by Pman »

dr_snuggles wrote:can u get rid of the caption in mm4?
Yes you can hide the caption in MM4. This is a fix that Drewbie posted some time ago so he/she is to thank for this. I'll just re-iterate it for you:

Go to C:\Users\<User Name>\AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey or equivalent in XP and add the following to the MediaMonkey.ini file (in notepad)

Code: Select all

[MiniLyricsEmbedder]
PanelVisible=True
ShowCaption=0
If [MiniLyricsEmbedder] section aleady exists, add ShowCaption=0 to the end.

Then go to C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto and open MiniLyrics Embedder.vbs file (in notepad) and replace all the code with the below:

Option Explicit
    'v1.4b
    Dim MI, Panel, Tmr, EmbedTmr
    Const EmbedTimerTimeout = 500
    Const EmbedTriesMax = 20
    Const RePoSiTimerTimeout = 1000

Dim Embedder : Set Embedder = CreateObject("MMEmbedder.Instance")
    Embedder.FloatingWindowCaption = "Embedded MiniLyrics"
    Embedder.SourceWindowCaption = vbNull
    Embedder.SourceWindowClass = "MiniLyrics"

Dim EmbedTriesCount : EmbedTriesCount = 0
    Dim IsEmbedded : IsEmbedded = False

Sub OnStartup
        On Error Resume Next
        Script.RegisterEvent SDB, "OnShutdown", "SDB_OnShutdown"

Set MI = SDB.UI.AddMenuItem(SDB.UI.Menu_View, 1, -3)
        MI.Caption = "MiniLyrics Panel"
        MI.IconIndex = 51
        MI.ShortCut = "Ctrl+Shift+L"
        MI.Hint = "Show the panel for the embedded MiniLyrics program"
        Script.RegisterEvent MI, "OnClick", "MI_OnClick"

Set Panel = SDB.UI.NewDockablePersistentPanel("MiniLyricsEmbedder_Panel")
        If Panel.IsNew Then
            Panel.DockedTo = 3
            Panel.Common.Width = 300
            Panel.Common.Height = 125
        End If
        Panel.Caption = "Embedded MiniLyrics"

' Restore ShowCaption setting (requires MM 3.1 or higher)
       if SDB.VersionHi > 3 Or (SDB.VersionHi = 3 And SDB.VersionLo >= 1) then
          if SDB.IniFile.ValueExists("MiniLyricsEmbedder","ShowCaption") then
             Panel.ShowCaption = SDB.IniFile.IntValue("MiniLyricsEmbedder","ShowCaption")
          end if
       end if

Set SDB.Objects("MiniLyricsEmbedder_Panel") = Panel        'Storing the Panel in MM's Objects array is only needed to keep it alive the whole time
        Script.RegisterEvent Panel, "OnClose", "Panel_OnClose"
        Script.RegisterEvent Panel.Common, "OnResize", "Panel_OnResize"

Panel.Common.Visible = True
        MI.Checked = True

Set EmbedTmr = SDB.CreateTimer(EmbedTimerTimeout)
        Script.RegisterEvent EmbedTmr, "OnTimer", "EmbedTmr_OnTimer"
    End Sub

Sub EmbedTmr_OnTimer(EmbedTmr)

On Error Resume Next

EmbedTriesCount = EmbedTriesCount + 1
        If Not Embedder.EmbedWindow Then
            If EmbedTriesCount >= EmbedTriesMax Then
                Script.UnRegisterEvents EmbedTmr
                Set EmbedTmr = Nothing
                SDB.MessageBox "MiniLyrics couldn't be embedded. Possibly its window, or the embedder window, isn't visible.", mtError, Array(mbOK)
            End If
            Exit Sub
        End If

IsEmbedded = True

Script.UnRegisterEvents EmbedTmr
        Set EmbedTmr = Nothing

If SDB.IniFile.StringValue("MiniLyricsEmbedder", "PanelVisible") <> "True" Then
            Panel.Common.Visible = False
            MI.Checked = False
        Else
            Set Tmr = SDB.CreateTimer(RePoSiTimerTimeout)
            Script.RegisterEvent Tmr, "OnTimer", "RepositionAndResize"
        End If
    End Sub

Sub MI_OnClick(MI)

On Error Resume Next
       MI.Checked = Not MI.Checked
       Panel.Common.Visible = MI.Checked
       SDB.IniFile.StringValue("MiniLyricsEmbedder", "PanelVisible") = MI.Checked

If Not IsEmbedded Then Exit Sub

If MI.Checked Then
            Embedder.ResetSizeAndPosition

Set Tmr = SDB.CreateTimer(RePoSiTimerTimeout)
            Script.RegisterEvent Tmr, "OnTimer", "RepositionAndResize"
        Else
            Script.UnRegisterEvents Tmr
            Set Tmr = Nothing
        End If
    End Sub

Sub SDB_OnShutdown
        On Error Resume Next
        Script.UnRegisterAllEvents
        Set MI = Nothing
        Set Panel = Nothing
        Set Tmr = Nothing
        Set EmbedTmr = Nothing
        Set Embedder = Nothing
    End Sub

Sub Panel_OnClose(Panel)
        On Error Resume Next
        MI.Checked = False
        SDB.IniFile.StringValue("MiniLyricsEmbedder", "PanelVisible") = "False"
        Script.UnRegisterEvents Tmr
        Set Tmr = Nothing
    End Sub

Sub Panel_OnResize(Panel)
       If Not IsEmbedded Then Exit Sub
        On Error Resume Next
    End Sub

Sub RepositionAndResize(Tmr)
        On Error Resume Next
    End Sub
Restart Monkey and that should hopefully hide the caption for you. :D
  • W7Ultimate x32 - MM4 - SHABBA!
theta_wave

Post by theta_wave »

After "upgrading" to MM4.0.1 via clean install, I tried to register the embedded lyrics plugin "gen_Minilyrics.dll" via %root%:\Windows\SysWow64\regsvr32.exe, but I get this message:

The module ""%1"" was loaded but the entry-point %2 was not found.\n\nMake sure that ""%1"" is a valid DLL or OCX file and then try again
Placing the dll in either %root%:\user\appdata\roaming\mediamonkey\plugins or %root%:\Program Files (x86)\mediamonkey\Plugins results in the same message.

Minilyrics starts up fine with MM4.0 and there's no problem with its functioning.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just ran the installer package for 1.4b and pointed it to x:\program files (x86)\mediamonkey

it now works fine along with Drewbie's hide caption code.
MM Gold Lifetime since 2.5.5.998
Computer: Lenovo Y580 System: Win7 Ultimate x64 SP1 / Arch Linux Mediamonkey 4: w/ Monkeyrok 5.6, Minilyrics 1.4b, iMonkey Skin
JCfantasy23

Post by JCfantasy23 »

I did the workaround listed above and my captions still show. I have to say it doesn't look good - keeps popping up the opinion question (How can MiniLyrics help you?, etc), has all the ugly buttons, the titlebar, and the ugly border across the top.

I also keep trying to change it to where I used to have it when used script years ago -- set the background image to a certain picture. It keeps going to the picture, then changing to album art (I DONT want album art, and have it unchecked). I keep fiddling with it and it just won't work right to display a picture as the background. :(

Have had it running only a day. Tonight turned it back on and it says Minilyrics cant be displayed because of something with the embedder, blah, blah.

Apparently there are now tons of glitches with this program compared to when I used it years back. What a shame! I finally got a widescreen monitor a few days ago where I can fit goodies on the screen but having trouble finding things that are working right with Mediamonkey.
MediaMonkey fan since 2006/ Last.FM Profile / 8Tracks Profile
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

JCfantasy23 wrote:I did the workaround listed above and my captions still show. I have to say it doesn't look good - keeps popping up the opinion question (How can MiniLyrics help you?, etc), has all the ugly buttons, the titlebar, and the ugly border across the top.

I also keep trying to change it to where I used to have it when used script years ago -- set the background image to a certain picture. It keeps going to the picture, then changing to album art (I DONT want album art, and have it unchecked). I keep fiddling with it and it just won't work right to display a picture as the background. :(

Have had it running only a day. Tonight turned it back on and it says Minilyrics cant be displayed because of something with the embedder, blah, blah.

Apparently there are now tons of glitches with this program compared to when I used it years back. What a shame! I finally got a widescreen monitor a few days ago where I can fit goodies on the screen but having trouble finding things that are working right with Mediamonkey.
Actually Minilyrics is working fine with MM4 and the embedder. You should follow all the standard configuration instructions like setting the Minilyrics skin to "Plain", disabling "Always on top", etc. etc. because it works flawlessly for me in v4.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
JCfantasy23

Post by JCfantasy23 »

nohitter151 wrote:
JCfantasy23 wrote:I did the workaround listed above and my captions still show. I have to say it doesn't look good - keeps popping up the opinion question (How can MiniLyrics help you?, etc), has all the ugly buttons, the titlebar, and the ugly border across the top.

Actually Minilyrics is working fine with MM4 and the embedder. You should follow all the standard configuration instructions like setting the Minilyrics skin to "Plain", disabling "Always on top", etc. etc. because it works flawlessly for me in v4.
I must have missed the disable always on top. I will try again with that setting thanks
JCfantasy23

Post by JCfantasy23 »

Well it is now embedded after reinstalling and changing settings to plain skin and unchecking show on top. The first time it reported the same error so I restarted mediamonkey and then it worked again. Still glitching with the background image though. I will keep messing with it.
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

FYI

@JCfantasy23: I added the "disable always on top" instruction to the first post now.

@theta_wave: It's the embedder dll that needs to be registered using regsvr32.exe (because then the system knows which file to look for if you call "MM Embedder" in a program). The installer does this for you. MM plugins like 'gen_Minilyrics.dll' work fine when you put them in MM's plugins directory (because MM tries to load all these dll's and knows how because they comply to the Winamp API).
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
JCfantasy23

Post by JCfantasy23 »

Sadly still the same issues for me. When I start MM it usually says Minilyrics cant be embedded, and now Minilyrics is not autoopening with MM, nor will it open when I try to click it. Works sometimes, most of the time not. Im pretty sure I installed everything fine since it works sometimes, and it's not my first time with the script. It is not a big issue though, just placing my input and wondering if others get it too work...
JCfantasy23

Post by JCfantasy23 »

Have figured something out and why I get errors sometimes, other times not...if MediaMonkey is closed down, and I do not shut down Minilyrics in the task manager, then it will not open again without the error. Typically making sure it is shut down in task manager solves this problem if I reopen MM without it open. Thanks for the help, as always.
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

ML used to shut down together with MM (as a real plugin does). Isn't this an option in the ML settings?
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Steegy wrote:ML used to shut down together with MM (as a real plugin does). Isn't this an option in the ML settings?
It's not optional, it always does so.

JCfantasy23

Post by JCfantasy23 »

It's not for me, as I still see in the task manager open I shut down MediaMonkey. It is likely just a glitch on my end.
Viper21

Post by Viper21 »

I installed MiniLyrics and the MiniLyrics Embedder a few days ago, but experiencing some quirky stuff...

Before I explain, here's what I am running: WinXP, MM4.02, MiniLyrics 7.2.880.0 (free), MiniLyrics Embedder 1.4b
Also MM4 is set to start up automatically on Windows bootup.

Every time I start Windows, I get a "Start MiniLyrics" windows displaying a number of media players either running or installed on my system. Is this window supposed to display every time I start Windows? It's driving me nuts. And you can't ignore it 'coz it's always on top. :-?

As I mentioned, MM is set to start up automatically. In this first instance of MM, the embedded MiniLyrics windows is blank and doesn't work and I get the "standard" error: "MiniLyrics couldn't be embedded. Possibly because it's window or embedder window isn't visible". If I click "OK" on the error message and restart MM (note that I have left the initial "Start MiniLyrics" window displayed as is and haven't clicked anything in it since it appeared), MM fires up okay without the initial MiniLyrics error message and the embedded lyrics windows works 100%.

I would be grateful if someone could help me troubleshoot this one. Because MM and the MiniLyrics Embedder work after I restart MM without me doing anything in the "Start MiniLyrics" window, I have a hunch it has something to do either with MM starting automatically before MiniLyrics or with the fact that the "Start MiniLyrics" window is displaying each time I boot up Windows (I think I read in an earlier post that this was supposed to be solved in an earlier build of v7).

Thanks,
-Viper21
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

I experience that issue as well, it was supposed to be fixed in a previous version but it still occurs (see http://crintsoft.com/mlwhatsnew.htm ) Still, if you just pick the "MediaMonkey" button when the screen appears, everything works fine. It seems to be an issue with ML itself.