iPhone 4 not recognized by MM but iPad is?

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Flozzie

iPhone 4 not recognized by MM but iPad is?

Post by Flozzie »

I have gone through all the settings and I can plug both my iPhone 4 and my iPad into my PC. MM sees my iPad without a problem using the iPhone.dll config file and I can use it without any issues what so ever. When I plug in my iPhone 4, iTunes sees it fine and I can set all of my setting the exact same as the settings on my iPad but MM doesn't see the device. Windows sees it fine and uses the same USB driver when the device is loaded, but MM just doesn't recognize the device at all.

Is there something I need to do to get MM to search for the new device so I can synch that device as well?
ksri99

iPhone 4 not recognized by MM

Post by ksri99 »

I have the same issue with my iPhone 4. I had 3gs which I used to sync on this machine. I recently upgraded to iphone 4 which worked fine with MM, and then, I had to return that phone and exchange for another one. This new one is not recognized by MM. It shows up in Windows (Vista) and in iTunes just fine. Tried pretty much everything. Upgraded to iTunes 10.4 and MM 3.2.5.1306 - no use, uninstalled both and re-installed etc. This machine has been used with many Apple devices [ipod classic, ipod touch, iphone 3gs, iphone 4 and all of them show up in the devices]. I'm not sure what the issue is. Also, with same iTunes, MM combination, the same iphone 4 is detected on my laptop by MM. I think the issue is specific to this desktop machine. As all my music collection is on this machine, I need to get MM+iPhone 4 working. Any help or direction is greatly appreciated.

Re: iPhone 4 not recognized by MM but iPad is?

Post by Guest »

Similar problem - neither my iPhone 4 or 3GS are recognized at all by MM - Win7 Home - iTunes latest patches on both.

Both phones are jailbroken.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Guest wrote:Similar problem - neither my iPhone 4 or 3GS are recognized at all by MM - Win7 Home - iTunes latest patches on both.

Both phones are jailbroken.
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 12&t=61107
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
parth95

Post by parth95 »

Hi, my Iphone 4 isnt recognized by mediamonkey either.
Mine is jailbroken too, the firmware is 4.something
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

parth95 wrote:Hi, my Iphone 4 isnt recognized by mediamonkey either.
Mine is jailbroken too, the firmware is 4.something
See link above. iTunes 10.5 breaks MM being able to detect iPhones.

parth95

Post by parth95 »

Oh, ok thanks very much. Do you know when media monkey will fix this? Because I can wait a while for the final release, or if I need to wait a long time like over a month, then I might as well install the beta version 4.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

parth95 wrote:Oh, ok thanks very much. Do you know when media monkey will fix this? Because I can wait a while for the final release, or if I need to wait a long time like over a month, then I might as well install the beta version 4.
It's a release candidate now, not beta, so the final should be getting pretty close.

regnaD kciN

Post by regnaD kciN »

I would observe that the first two posts in this thread were written long before iOS5 was issued. For some, it seems, this was a problem even in the "stable" versions.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

regnaD kciN wrote:I would observe that the first two posts in this thread were written long before iOS5 was issued. For some, it seems, this was a problem even in the "stable" versions.
In case there is an issue for iOS 4 or lower devices not showing in MM, a debug log would show the reason why. Please generate one as described in the "How to report a bug" thread in the "Bug reports" subforum.

Thiefsie

Post by Thiefsie »

I've got latest 4.0.0.1459 MM,latest Itunes x64, Windows 7 Pro x64 with a jailbroken iPhone 4 16GB that syncs perfectly fine in itunes... but cannot be seen in mediamonkey at all.

Funnily enough on another computer at home the same iPhone is seen perfectly.... (not sure what MM is on there while I'm at work)

Any ideas?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Thiefsie wrote:I've got latest 4.0.0.1459 MM,latest Itunes x64, Windows 7 Pro x64 with a jailbroken iPhone 4 16GB that syncs perfectly fine in itunes... but cannot be seen in mediamonkey at all.

Funnily enough on another computer at home the same iPhone is seen perfectly.... (not sure what MM is on there while I'm at work)

Any ideas?
Need to know the iphone firmware version as well.

tHIEFSIE

Post by tHIEFSIE »

I'm on 4.3.3.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

tHIEFSIE wrote:I'm on 4.3.3.
I'd need to see a debug log to tell more.