Gmail Accounts

Community forum for discussions completely unrelated to MediaMonkey.

Moderator: Gurus

julzcompufreek

Post by julzcompufreek »

Yeah I know.

This thread has become very interesting. It just started off to be a notice that I was giving away gmail accounts and it turned into this great debate. Keep it up! 8)

Whats the fun without anyone complaining? :)
Julian aka julzcompufreek
"Dancing is a contact sport; football is a Hitting sport." - Vince Lombardi
Visit My Blog - http://kompufreak.wordpress.com
psyXonova

Post by psyXonova »

Since this topic has started to transform in a Google related topic i would like your opinion aobut Google Desktop.
Gor me Google Desktop is a huge dissapointment. I have tried all the indexing software out there (including MSN's one) and Google Desktop is the worst.
It never finishes indexing, not properly configured for multiuser environment, the results window is very difficult to use... and many more.

How is it possible? The king of searching cant make a product that will match its opponents... ts ts

BTW I just find out that Cowboy was a hidden agent of the former KGB and currently works for Microsoft with major objective to start a propaganda against MS new No1 enemy: Google 8)
Al_G

Post by Al_G »

psyxonova wrote:Since this topic has started to transform in a Google related topic i would like your opinion aobut Google Desktop.
I haven't tried it recently, but the biggest issue I had was that it wouldn't re-index a drive after it was installed. A re-installation was the only way to have it scan a drive again. It was quite good at finding any information that was added while it was running.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

i wont use anything from google but their online search.

i also use software programs as i do the componet system of a stereo player take the best and make it work with the other stuff i have.

i did try their photo oganizer. and promptly uninstalled it when it kept trying to phone home. 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I use the Firefox browser which has a search box in the top corner, linked to google. I use this for online search.

I've also found Google Maps to be very good. As well as my Google Mail account of course.

It's very annoying that they can't use Gmail in the UK though - just because of some stupid little company in London!
Last edited by trixmoto on Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
anteater

google

Post by anteater »

google sucks for everything...ok not true.. I liked go's program based search engine when they first came out it allowed you to search for alot of information and be very specific on it. Also anyone seen or played with google earth yet? I got half the world covered from traveling and working.
julzcompufreek

Post by julzcompufreek »

Yeah I've played around with Google Earth. I think its a great tool. (Just like every other google application) Its great that you can actually see satellite images of your house and suburb.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I haven't played with it, but I think I will! :)
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
rovingcowboy

Re: google

Post by rovingcowboy »

anteater wrote:google sucks for everything...ok not true.. I liked go's program based search engine when they first came out it allowed you to search for alot of information and be very specific on it. Also anyone seen or played with google earth yet? I got half the world covered from traveling and working.

this the same anteater i know from KW's Top list. 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
wallstreetwalker

searching

Post by wallstreetwalker »

i've got some gmail invitations left as well
wallstreetwalker at gmail dot com

and i use google for searching the internet all the time,
but software, i only used picasa once and it's pretty cool for a free app.
PUNK IN DRUBLIC
julzcompufreek

Post by julzcompufreek »

I still have another 100 invites to give away. Please don't hesitate to email me @

Merry Christmas to you all!!!
agapeincognito

Post by agapeincognito »

Speaking of Google Earth...

I actually got to play with the software before Google got a hold of it. I had been working with a consultant who is now a friend of mine. We were in one of my Firm's conference rooms and he told me about one of his best friends who was the owner of the company that created the software (I believe it was KeyHole). It was a few years ago - very fascinating technology at the time. We hooked up his laptop to our T1 lines and toured all kinds of places, including some of the 3D landscapes and city models that were just becoming avail.

I was actually kind of disappointed that Google got it... seems like it was much better when I first saw it...
abrazor

Post by abrazor »

I use a lot of google stuff, such as GEarth, GMail, Picassa2, Hello, GDesktopsearch, etc.

Yeah. Google Earth is really cool. I have heard that within the next 2 years it will be pretty much live and in high detail over most of the earth. So that maybe what you see will be within the last 5 minutes. That would be really cool. I was surprised to see that my next door neighbours have bought a new pool! (I am living in Japan but am from Australia).

I really like Picassa as its so easy to use, and you can really easily share large photos by email.

I also use Blogger, but there have been so many problems with that software. I am not sure I would recommend it.