shortcut keys not recognized consistently

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

rogerr

Post by rogerr »

subject says it all. Beta 2.

According to previous versions of MM and the online help, the key shortcut for "Back 5 Seconds" is now mapped ot burn a CD. Need a shortcut for back 5 seconds to compliment the forward 5 secs key shortcut.

Also, when you click an undocked "Player" window, the following key shortcuts (and probably others) don't work:

Play / Pause <Ctrl><p>
Previous Track (back) <Ctrl><b>
Next Track (forward) <Ctrl><n>
Back 5 Seconds <Shift><Ctrl><b>
Forward 5 Seconds <Shift><Ctrl><n>

I'd like these to work so alternate controlers that use key codes will work reliably.
rogerr

Post by rogerr »

Thanks for fixing the back 5 seconds shortcut. Any chance you can fix shortcut keys not recognized consistently (depending on which window is topped)? It seems that the above key shortcuts only work when the focus is within the library window.
rusty

Shortcuts don't work when focus is on undocked windows?

Post by rusty »

Tested this and it seems to work on beta 4. Are you still observing a problem?

-Rusty
rogerr

Post by rogerr »

Better but not completely. If the "Player" window is floating and if you click on it ("topping it"), the Shift+Ctr+B and N keys do not work. Same isssue with a floating "Now Playing" window. If I go back and click on the main MediaMonkey title bar, these shortcuts work. My cursory testing shows you've fixed all but these two cases.
rusty

shorcuts don't work in some cases

Post by rusty »

Rogerr,

Tried to replicate as follows but it's working on m system:

1) undock either the player or Now Playing or both
2) click either of the above to bring into focus
3) ctrl-n or ctrl-b

--> it works!

-RUsty
rogerr

Post by rogerr »

Rusty, you are correct, but the key shortcuts you are using are not the ones that fail in my report:

Shift+Ctrl+B
Shift+Ctrl+N

Shortcut keys

Post by Guest »

I wanted to note that I am also expercing this issue with the Next and Back short cut keys with Beta4...
rogerr

Post by rogerr »

RC3 - still broken:

1) undock either the player or Now Playing or both
2) click either of the above to bring into focus
3) Shift+Ctrl+B or Shift+Ctrl+N

-> doesn't work

click the main MediaMonkey window

-> these keys work
Hi how are you?

Post by Hi how are you? »

I'm gettting some shortcut errors too with 2.5.1.933.

I'm using Hotkey Control XP v. 4.2, (from the recommended add-in's. ...great add-in too, thanks for the tip).

If I've got the MM window focused, no problems. But if I've got another wiindow up, the system vol. shortcuts still work, but play/pause, stop, track next/back don't work.

.....but hey, YOU GUYS ROCK! thanks for MM. I can't wait for the final cut. :wink:
Darthbith

Post by Darthbith »

Hey
I'm using the Hotkey XP add in also, and it works fine for me. Just an idea...are the shortcuts you're trying to use mapped to other functions, either in Windows, or in some other program? Perhaps an update to version 5 (if you click "About Hotkey Control" it brings up a window which links to a newer version)
Bryan

EDIT**
It would appear that the new version of HotKey Control is not free... I haven't explored much though.
Hi how are you?

Post by Hi how are you? »

Hmmm.... still not working no matter what window I have up. Good idea though.

.... anybody have any recomendations for a different freeware global hotkey controler?
rogerr

Post by rogerr »

RC4 still not fixed
jiri

Post by jiri »

Fyi, currently we make only the most urgent fixes to 2.5, however we plan much better shortcut management and handling to be introduced soon, probably in 2.6.

Jiri