Mediamonkey erases the ID3 Tags

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

ojk12

Mediamonkey erases the ID3 Tags

Post by ojk12 »

I use a USB mass storage device to play files on my car stereo but when I use de version 4 mediamonkey erases all the ID3 tags from songs on the device, I've used diferent formas like mp4, wma, aac, ogg it happens with all except with mp3, the problem that I'd like to use wma but I need the tags too.
nohitter151

Re: Mediamonkey erases the ID3 Tags

Post by nohitter151 »

ojk12 wrote:I use a USB mass storage device to play files on my car stereo but when I use de version 4 mediamonkey erases all the ID3 tags from songs on the device, I've used diferent formas like mp4, wma, aac, ogg it happens with all except with mp3, the problem that I'd like to use wma but I need the tags too.
I doubt that is the case. The most likely reason you see this is that the car stereo can only read ID3 tags in mp3 files.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
ojk12

Post by ojk12 »

nohitter151 wrote:
ojk12 wrote:I use a USB mass storage device to play files on my car stereo but when I use de version 4 mediamonkey erases all the ID3 tags from songs on the device, I've used diferent formas like mp4, wma, aac, ogg it happens with all except with mp3, the problem that I'd like to use wma but I need the tags too.
I doubt that is the case. The most likely reason you see this is that the car stereo can only read ID3 tags in mp3 files.

I don't think so because it read it before with other version of mediamonkey and now when I use the windows explorer and I activate the Album, Artist or Year column view, it simply dont show nothing
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

ojk12 wrote:
nohitter151 wrote:

I don't think so because it read it before with other version of mediamonkey and now when I use the windows explorer and I activate the Album, Artist or Year column view, it simply dont show nothing
Windows explorer doesn't read tags of any file types except mp3 and wma. At any rate I can't reproduce, even after using auto-conversion for a portable USB drive.

ojk12

Post by ojk12 »

Ok, what can I do to help with this problem? Can I send more information or something else?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

ojk12 wrote:Ok, what can I do to help with this problem? Can I send more information or something else?
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=6&t=341

rusty

Post by rusty »

In this particular case, it would be really useful if you generated a video with Jing while generating the debug log--that way we'd be sure to understand the repro steps.

Thanks.

-Rusty