Youtube flv download question

Community forum for discussions completely unrelated to MediaMonkey.

Moderator: Gurus

gimmeagig

Youtube flv download question

Post by gimmeagig »

Hi,
I have a very slow internet connection so I want to find an easy way to keep youtube videos on my computer that I have watched.There is a program called "youtube downloader but that does not work on all videos or all sites.
My question is:
Once the video is playing on my computer it must be already stored somewhere on my harddrive.Maybe some kind of temp folder.Why would I need to use a download program to download it again if I could just keep the already downloaded FLV and just rename it and move it to a different folder?
The problem is, I don't know where these temporary FLVs are stored or if the file that plays is somewhat different from hat my media players need to be able to play the videos back.
Peke

Re: Youtube flv download question

Post by Peke »

You should use Firefox Download Helper plugin.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Sandra89

Post by Sandra89 »

Thanx for the plugin)) i was looking for it for threee days!! and finally have found))great :D

Post by Guest »

The one I use is RealPlayer.

When you install RealPlayer, a button that says 'Download Video' appears.
You just have to click that button and the video is downloaded instantly.

Then you can even edit it or convert it to another formats with the own RealPlayer.

It's fast and reliable :)
windcrest77

Post by windcrest77 »

gimmeagig wrote:Hi,
I have a very slow internet connection so I want to find an easy way to keep youtube videos on my computer that I have watched.There is a program called "youtube downloader but that does not work on all videos or all sites.
My question is:
Once the video is playing on my computer it must be already stored somewhere on my harddrive.Maybe some kind of temp folder.Why would I need to use a download program to download it again if I could just keep the already downloaded FLV and just rename it and move it to a different folder?
The problem is, I don't know where these temporary FLVs are stored or if the file that plays is somewhat different from hat my media players need to be able to play the videos back.
I use you tube downloader free version and never had a problem saving any you tube file as FLV, even hi def.

http://www.youtubedownloadersite.com/pr ... v=3.4&ft=2

Long Live YouTube! Google bought it for a cool billion (yes with a B). Right now Microsoft is probably wishing they had bought it.