MM and PlayerPro (android-app)

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Taysoku

MM and PlayerPro (android-app)

Post by Taysoku »

Hi,

I use MediaMonkey (actual release) to organize my music library. Now I've bought a Samsung Galaxy S2 and PlayerPro.

When I tried to sync MM-Playlists with my phone, I got 3 times the Message: Not enough memory (ignore, cancel). Ignoring helped and all but 3 songs (no idea, which ones) were added to the phone. Is there a chance, to find this trouble making songs?

The default music player, which comes along with the Samsung plays the playlists, I've synced via MM. But PlayerPro ignores these playlists. Do you have any idea, how I can use my MM playlists with PlayerPro?

The second task 4 me is, to sync back the ratings I entered via PlayerPro. Does anyone has experiences with this topic?

Thanks
Stephan
P.S.: I only use intelligent playlists with MM (take all Metal songs with rating > 3 or something like this). My most important playlist is "Songs with no Rating". I hear those songs during the week and rate them. So after the next sync they are automatically deleted from this list. By this way I rated more than 11.000 Songs with my iPhone and I hope, that I can do something similar with my droid-phone.
P.S.II: The sync between MM and the phone was extremely slow (6 to 10 seconds per song - the class 10 sd-card has a benchmarked transferrate > 10mb/s).
abhiroopb

Re: MM and PlayerPro (android-app)

Post by abhiroopb »

That's interesting for me it is the opposite. Playlists are visible in PlayerPro but not the default SGS2 music app.
Taysoku

Post by Taysoku »

Ok - I have a problem with the MTP-Driver. I switched to USB mode and I can sync from PC to phone without any problems (transfer rate is ok and playlists are copied). Sync back doesn't work.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Taysoku wrote:Ok - I have a problem with the MTP-Driver. I switched to USB mode and I can sync from PC to phone without any problems (transfer rate is ok and playlists are copied). Sync back doesn't work.
Syncing back ratings only seems to work for a few devices (no android devices I'm aware of). It works for all iPod, iPhone, iPad models and some Creative MTP devices.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Aff

Post by Aff »

I've created a script to sync back ratings in mass storage mode: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 88#p308062

P.S. @nohitter151: my iRiver Clix also works fine with MTP