Burning MP3 files??

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

rick_dallas

Burning MP3 files??

Post by rick_dallas »

Am a new member and am currently running MM 2.4.2.874.

Guess my first silly question is will this burn my songs in MP3 format? Guess I just took for granted that it would.

I created a playlist and I was only able to get 80 songs before I hit the 650m limit. Thought this was odd but it all looked right. I did the burn and the song format is cda. They seem to work but I bet I'd get more songs on a CD if they were in MP3 format.

I did check the box include text. Don't know what that does or if that makes a difference.

So, MP3 format burning? Yes? No? Maybe??

Thanks
Home built PC. 16g of memory. 12tb of sata HD. AMD Octo 4.2 ghz. Windows 8.1x64. 2g video card.
MM rocks!

Rick
wallstreetwalker

Post by wallstreetwalker »

isn't cda format the format to play cd's on ordinary cd players ?
normally i only get like 20 songs on a cd that way,
if you just want to backup or transfer your mp3's or music files, just use copy paste ! :lol:
(i haven't burned cd's wit MM yet, i use nero 6, so maybe i'm totally wrong about the cda stuff)
PUNK IN DRUBLIC
rick_dallas

Post by rick_dallas »

I have several CDs that I have purchased and their songs are often in CDA format.

Can't speak to the 20 or so limit you refer to. The CD I just burned has 79 songs on it all in CDA format.

I understand copy and paste but don't understand how you would do that when burning a cd???

I have Nero as well so I may have to try to export the playlist to Nero and then burn it from there. I just assumed that MM would burn music files in MP3 as a default and maybe it does and I did something wrong. That's really my question.
Home built PC. 16g of memory. 12tb of sata HD. AMD Octo 4.2 ghz. Windows 8.1x64. 2g video card.
MM rocks!

Rick
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

If you burn a DATA cd then your get mp3 files (or whatever your tracks are). If you burn an AUDIO cd then the tracks are converted to cda so that cd players can play them.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

mp3 burning has been added to MM, but I believe it's new in MM 2.5 (still in beta)

If you burn an audio CD you burn the files as CDA and have a time limit (70 or 80 minutes).

If you burn a data CD you can burn files as MP3 (or other formats) and you have a size limit (650 or 700MB).

The amount of files in either format depend on what the CD can handle common are the 2 sizes mentioned, but in Europe bigger sizes are available as well.

Post by Guest »

Ok, I understand the difference between a data CD and a music CD. Only problem I have right now is I don't see where you specifiy what kind of CD you want to burn. The only thing I see in the menu is an audio CD. Can you point me in the right direction and tell me how to specify to the software to create a data CD?
nebisinidem

The same

Post by nebisinidem »

I have had the same problem... no way to burn data cd (mp3 compilation) if anyone can...

please,
explain how!!!

(with MM, pleasedon't say "use nero or like"...)

Thanks
Nightalspirit Silvanus
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

I don't know but it could be a feature uf 2.5. At least the newsest beta (http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6767) has the possibility to specify the cd type you want to burn when you start the burning wizard.

Big_Berny
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

As Big Berny, and Lowlander before him, have said: This feature is in MM2.5 which is currently in it's beta stages. Have a look at the beta testing forum!
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
rick_dallas

Post by rick_dallas »

I went back through all the posts and I didn't see anywhere in here that picking the type of CD format you want was only available in beta. I'm not interested in beta software. Production software usually has more than enough bugs in it for me! :lol:

Guess I'll wait for it to go live.

I'm a new user of MM and so far, disappointed. Previously, I had another post on what do people think of MM. I got positive comments so thought the product was ready to go and purchased it.

But I'm surprised that a music manager program does not burn MP3 format or give you the choice to select what format CD you want to use. I personally would not consider that a viable music software solution. Some things you just take for granted. My mistake.

I'm sure in time these features and more will all be available in production software but until that occurs, I don't consider MM a good choice for my managing my music collection.
MM rocks!

Rick
wallstreetwalker

Post by wallstreetwalker »

in nero you can just choose data cd,
but you can also just open my computer open the D or E (or wathevere your cd writer is) copy all the mp3's and paste them to the cd.

it's that easy, maybe using nero is better, but i'm sure copy paste works
PUNK IN DRUBLIC
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

And of course the final version is being released (theoretically) later this month, so you only have to wait a couple of weeks or so!

And the product is "ready to go" - but there are always improvements that can be made, new features to add, and new formats (etc) which need to be added. New hardware also provides new bugs which need to be fixed. It is programs that get released once and never touched again that I don't like, one that is constantly changing and always improving like MM - I love! :)
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Integrated audio burning was added in last version. The new MM 2.5 version will also add mp3 burning. But the main focus of the last releases has been portable player capabilities.

Of course personal needs are trivial, which is the reason that so many software applications exist out there. For you it's MP3 burning. Unfortunately you'll need to wait a little longer till 2.5 comes out.

In the meanwhile keep playing with MM and post any wishes you have on the forum. It might get included in a future release.
Pokeycat

Post by Pokeycat »

Yeah well....

Nero 6 cant burn m3u playlists, or if it can it burns them out of order

Musicmatch can burn playlists, but only out of order (only by alphabet)

Cut and paste = no playlist abilities at all

I want to burn MP3 files from M3u playlist IN ORDER OF PLAYLIST

So far I have not found anything that can do this, especially not with volume leveling, which I strongly prefer.

And don't say I should just play on random cuz that sux. Some songs you never hear. The rumor is that Win XP has some penchant for alpha sorting things.

Can the MM beta burn MP3 M3u playlist in order??????????? Cuz if it can I'm doin it, beta or not. But I don't wanna trash my setup for nuthin either....

My fully modified 1967 Spitfire arrives next week and I want my Stone Roses AFTER my Yeah Yeah Yeahs dammit!

So what's the scoop...