Problem importing playlist

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

simonmason

Problem importing playlist

Post by simonmason »

I have a problem with media monkey not importing certain playlists. I export playlists to a network drive and I have Media Monkey watching this folder. But after the initial import it never seems to update the lists. The lists are in m3u format and created in J.River. In the example below, I added two tracks to this playlist - making a total of 21, but only 19 show in Media Monkey. I can't figure out what is going on here? I read some posts about 8.3 filenames? Is this is the issue? Thanks.

Code: Select all

X:\MP3\The Naked And Famous\Passive Me, Aggressive You\07 - Young Blood.mp3
X:\MP3\Two Door Cinema Club\Tourist History\08 - What You Know.mp3
X:\MP3\Cake\Showroom Of Compassion\Cake - Showroom of Compassion - 02-11 - Long Time.mp3
X:\MP3\Death Cab For Cutie\You Are A Tourist\Death Cab For Cutie - You Are a Tourist - 01-01 - You Are a Tourist.mp3
X:\MP3\Cage The Elephant\Cage The Elephant - Thank You Happy Birthday\Cage the Elephant - Thank You Happy Birthday - 04-12 - Shake Me Down.mp3
X:\MP3\Ok Go\OK Go - Of The Blue Colour Of The Sky\Ok Go - Of the Blue Colour of the Sky - 02-13 - This Too Shall Pass.mp3
X:\MP3\The Wombats\The Wombats - Jump Into The Fog.mp3
X:\MP3\Dominatrix\The Dominatrix Sleeps Tonight (1984)\The Dominatrix - Sleeps Tonight (EP) - 01 - The Dominatrix Sleeps Tonight.mp3
X:\MP3\Dexys Midnight Runners\Dexys Midnight Runners - The Very Best of\Dexys Midnight Runners - The Very Best of - 10 - Geno.mp3
X:\MP3\Brandon Flowers\Brandon Flowers - Flamingo (Deluxe_Edition) (2010)\Brandon Flowers - Flamingo (Deluxe Edition) - 08 - Crossfire.mp3
X:\MP3\Fitz And The Tantrums\Fitz And The Tantrums - Pickin Up The Pieces (2010)\Fitz and the Tantrums - Pickin' Up the Pieces - 04 - Moneygrabber.mp3
X:\MP3\Just Cant Get Enough - New Wave Hits of the 80s (Collections)\Just Can't Get Enough - New Wave Hits Of The 80s (Volume 4)\Just Cant Get Enough- New Wave Hits of the 80s- Volume 4 - Translator - 10-16 - Everywhere That I'm Not.mp3
X:\MP3\Incubus\Incubus - Monuments And Melodies\CD1\Incubus - Monuments and Melodies 1 - 06 - Wish You Were Here.mp3
X:\MP3\Incubus\Light Grenades\Incubus - Light Grenades - 03 - Dig.mp3
X:\MP3\Cake\Cake - Showroom of Compassion - 07 - Sick of You.mp3
X:\MP3\Kings of Leon\Kings Of Leon - Come Around Sundown (2010)\Kings of Leon - Come Around Sundown - 02-13 - Radioactive.mp3
X:\MP3\Linkin Park\A Thousand Suns\Linkin Park - A Thousand Suns - 14 - The Catalyst.mp3
X:\MP3\Linkin Park\A Thousand Suns\Linkin Park - A Thousand Suns - 08 - Waiting For The End.mp3
X:\MP3\Neon Trees\Neon Trees - Habit\Neon Trees - Habits - 03-08 - Animal.mp3
X:\MP3\Lissie\Lissie - Catching a Tiger\Lissie - Catching a Tiger - 08 - Cuckoo.mp3
X:\MP3\Crash Kings\Crash Kings - Crash Kings (2009)\Crash Kings - Crash Kings - 01-10 - Mountain Man.mp3
simonmason

Re: Problem importing playlist

Post by simonmason »

bump - I am sure I am doing something wrong here but I can't figure it out. Is there another way I can get support?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Did you rescan them?
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
simonmason

Post by simonmason »

I have Media Monkey setup to scan at startup and I have attempted to manually rescan them. The playlist shows up under Imported Playlists. If I delete the playlist and rescan then it creates the playlist again and imports everything correctly. However, it appears that it will not update the playlist either through the startup scan or through the rescan. I updated to the latest version 1306 but it didn't change anything. Thanks for any help.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

simonmason wrote:I have Media Monkey setup to scan at startup and I have attempted to manually rescan them. The playlist shows up under Imported Playlists. If I delete the playlist and rescan then it creates the playlist again and imports everything correctly. However, it appears that it will not update the playlist either through the startup scan or through the rescan. I updated to the latest version 1306 but it didn't change anything. Thanks for any help.
In that case I guess you'll have to delete them and rescan in order to get the updated lists.

simonmason

Post by simonmason »

Is that the way it is supposed to work? One would think that if it is monitoring a folder, and the folder contains playlists, that any change to playlist within that folder would be imported?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

simonmason wrote:Is that the way it is supposed to work? One would think that if it is monitoring a folder, and the folder contains playlists, that any change to playlist within that folder would be imported?
Probably not, at the least I'd expect a rescan to update the playlists.

simonmason

Post by simonmason »

Anyone from Media Monkey able to comment on this? Thanks.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

simonmason wrote:Anyone from Media Monkey able to comment on this? Thanks.
I will verify the issue when I get a chance and enter a bug into the tracker if necessary. If you're looking for some more immediate resolution than that, you're not going to get it.