Which web browser?

Community forum for discussions completely unrelated to MediaMonkey.

Moderator: Gurus

What browser are you using

You may select 1 option

View results

judas

Post by judas »

Good choice pah...tell us what you think??? I can agree I haven't switched since I use opera a couple of years ago: it works MOST pages but as happens with Firefox some pages are not standard-compliant, so in those few cases just have to open explorer and then close again.

Even with this drawback...for its many features, speed, customization, community, etc...i think its worth it.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

pah68 wrote:I'm the only one using Internet Explorer? :lol:

nope i use it too just depends on which ever link i click on first in the quick launch bar. :P :roll: i made the one for maxthon a gree e like the blue e , so its a toss up that way which ever is the first i get too. ? just thought its a good thing i am not color blind? ha ha
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
judas

Post by judas »

nope i use it too just depends on which ever link i click on first in the quick launch bar. :P :roll: i made the one for maxthon a gree e like the blue e , so its a toss up that way which ever is the first i get too. ? just thought its a good thing i am not color blind? ha ha[/quote]

LOL... :lol: :lol: Microsoft didnt think about that when planning their start menu: green + blue...it matches your 'e's though :-)
psyXonova

Post by psyXonova »

This is my first post using Opera.
I thought i should give it a try, after all is been a long time since i used it nand it deserved a second chance (especially now that those irritating google ads have gone, hopefully for ever).

Going fine until now. Have to get used some things though since i had my firefox setuped the way i like it and i am still trying to repeat the same moves with Opera (eg i left click a link and dragging it, waiting for it to open in a new tab, lol :lol: )

I must say though that i dont like the find text function which is similar to IE and lacks the ease of use the same function has in firefox

Also, it doenst seem that faster to me!!!

On the other hand it has some great functions like zooming and customisable way that it renders the pages. Also the use cached images option is very very handy if you browse using your mobile GPRS acount, saves you a lot of € without loosing any of the site's beauty (if you have visited it before)....

Thats it for now, will post an update after i have a more mature opinion about that...

Who knows, i may become an Opera guy after all (like Pavaroti but no so fat and ugly and with much worst voice 8) )
abrazor

Post by abrazor »

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Also check out the setups you can get for the menus and the toolbars and skins. I bet someone like you could also make some setups yourself. In the preferences section you can also taylor the mouse gestures. There is a lot there which I still havent discovered. Mail me if you have any questions.

Psyx - time to change your answer on the poll at the top of the page?!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It all depends. I use various browsers. Currently my main browsers are Firefox and IE. I use several version including beta's. In my opinion there is no difference between the browsers as I use it for viewing sites, not to use a browser.
On my servers I use firefox for the added security, but also have no addins installed here. On my other machines I mainly use IE but have firefox as default browser (In case some malware wants to get on the internet).
Furthermore I have like 4 versions of IE, another 6 of the mozilla group, a couple of netscape and opera versions installed. And once in a while I will wander of to a linux machine to try konquerer and others.
But actually all these flavors of browsers that exists come down to 3 main ones. IE, Mozilla and Opera, almost all other browsers implement one of the first 2 as engine (netscape included).
And after all security is also the users responsability. Just like in the real world you wouldn't wander off in to a dark alley you shouldn't do so on the internet. If you never get close to malware it can't affect you.

As for design problems it's the fault of webdesigners. IE permits many errors which developers like to commit. And even though IE pionered web standards they are currently the worst ones in implementing them. IE7 does look promising on this front. Firefox is fully w3c compliant which is great for designers (of course most won't recognize that).
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Lowlander is completely 100% correct, and that's why I love Firefox - because it's Mozilla, and that means it is w3c compliant! :)
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
wallstreetwalker

Post by wallstreetwalker »

i clicked other,
but i use 'em all.

- k-meleon (is a mozilla based browser lite and fast)
- opera (just opera)
- avant browser is a very complete browser based on internet explorer, but with tabs and lots of functions
- maxthon browser (same as above)
- internet explorer

5 browsers might look stupid, but back-up is always good, besides some website show better in certain browsers.

as i think of it, i also have multiple audio and video players.
you could make a topic on this as well
never put your bet on only one 8)
PUNK IN DRUBLIC