Time bar in mini player Vitreous

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

EinsX

Time bar in mini player Vitreous

Post by EinsX »

This week I downloaded version 3.2.1.1297 of MM and currently use the Vitreous Blue skin. I quite like its mini player, but the time bar isn't working properly. When a song ends the time bar is not 100% full yet, but about 95%. Then when the next song starts playing the time bar again does not start at 0%, but at about 5%.

Eins
Lowlander

Re: Time bar in mini player Vitreous

Post by Lowlander »

Do you have crossfading enabled? (Play > Crossfade) or thing like silence removal?
EinsteinX

Post by EinsteinX »

No I never use cross fader, because i sometimes listen to Pink Floyd or DJ mix albums and then I don't want a cross fade.
I could not find the option to reduce silence in MM options, so I don't know if it is on or not.
I did notice that the album art pop up a few seconds before the end of a song makes the transition between songs slower, so i turned the feature off.
And because of these mix albums I have the DJTiedSongsGroup script running, maybe that has sth to do with this?

Eins
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Tools > Options > Output Plug-ins an select the active output plugin and click Configure. This allows you to disable silence removal.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

It starts at about 5% because that's as small as I made the seekbar, it's supposed to be like that (for better or for worse). For not filling the whole seekbar, I'll have to check that out.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
EinsteinX

Post by EinsteinX »

Checking or un-checking the silence removal did not change anything. Still the timer fills from about 2 or 3% to about 97 to 98%.

I wonder why you made the progress bar limited to 5%? If I'd make a progress bar I would take the length of the song, say 3:30 minutes, multiply this by 60 seconds, which would equal 210 seconds; then divide 100% progress bar by 210 seconds and increase the progress bar 1/210th step each second. I guess the time counter while the song is playing can be used for that.

This is actually the only thing I miss on the Vitreous mini player: A counter that shows ether the elapsed or remaining time of each song.

Still, I like Vitreous a lot though.

Eins
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

EinsteinX wrote:Checking or un-checking the silence removal did not change anything. Still the timer fills from about 2 or 3% to about 97 to 98%.

I wonder why you made the progress bar limited to 5%? If I'd make a progress bar I would take the length of the song, say 3:30 minutes, multiply this by 60 seconds, which would equal 210 seconds; then divide 100% progress bar by 210 seconds and increase the progress bar 1/210th step each second. I guess the time counter while the song is playing can be used for that.

This is actually the only thing I miss on the Vitreous mini player: A counter that shows ether the elapsed or remaining time of each song.

Still, I like Vitreous a lot though.

Eins
It has to do with the graphics for the seekbar. The smallest image gets is about the size you see when the track begins.

nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

FYI: This is the reason why the seekbar does not get all the way to the end:
http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view. ... 421#c17383

It's the way the output plugin is designed, not much I can do about it in the skin.

EinsteinX

Post by EinsteinX »

OK, that clarifies the issue. If the output plug in starts loading the next track one second before the playing track finishes, isn't it possible to make your time bar one second longer? I.e. if the track length is mm:ss, can't you make the length of the bar mm:(ss+01)??

Eins
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

EinsteinX wrote:OK, that clarifies the issue. If the output plug in starts loading the next track one second before the playing track finishes, isn't it possible to make your time bar one second longer? I.e. if the track length is mm:ss, can't you make the length of the bar mm:(ss+01)??

Eins
eyal has wrote a script to add seconds between the songs. this works on crossfade too.
then with that you should get that one second for starting to load the song in the middle of them and not before the first
song is finished.

try it and see if that works for you. his script is i think the last one in the help with addons forum room's thread called.
"All Scripts"

:D
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.