How to put a MM playlist on an iPod

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Wwaves

How to put a MM playlist on an iPod

Post by Wwaves »

This might be a dumb question, but I'm relatively new to MediaMonkey.

If I create a playlist or a smart playlist in MM, how do I get that playlist onto my iPod? I can't seem to figure out how to do this.
adrian

Re: How to put a MM playlist on an iPod

Post by adrian »

Yeah I'm in the same boat, I can't seem to move the songs or playlists to my ipod either
Donski

Post by Donski »

In MediaMonkey Options under Portable/Audio Devices, click on your iPod then the Configure button.
On the Auto-Sync list tab and then the Playlists sub tab, tick the playlist you wish to sync.
Now when you sync your iPod the playlist will be included on your iPod.

Just a helpful hint:
You're better off creating a playlist for all the tracks you wish to sync and selecting both playlists, your complete list plus your individual playlists. This is far better than choosing folders on the Music tab because you can pick each track rather than being required to sync entire folders. I've used the custom fields and set flags in them by entering the word 'Yes" for the tracks I want to sync, then I created smart playlists to look for the word Yes in that field. By using the 5 custom fields I can create a number of different smart playlists for both playing Auto DJ on my computer and for my iPod. An example is that I have one custom field designated for iPod and another for my favorites. My favorites contain a large number of tracks so I don't wish to include all of them on my iPod, but I also have entire discs synced to my iPod and don't want all of them in my favorites. So I have a smart playlist that contains tracks that not only are on my iPod but also in my favorites, and that gets synced to my iPod as well so I can play that on random.
Wwaves

Post by Wwaves »

Thanks, Donski! I haven't had a chance to try this yet, but it sounds promising.
zooropa

Post by zooropa »

Just an observation -- I had a similar question way back when (http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 90#p254090). This activity is NOT intuitive, and making it so should be a top priority for MM4. Otherwise, MM will stay a niche product.
------
"Don't worry baby. It's gonna be alright.
Uncertainty - can be a guiding light.
I hear voices, ridiculous voices!
I'm in the slipstream! Let's go, let's go - overground.
Take your head out of the mud baby."
-- U2, "Zooropa"