Get info / Wikipedia [#6767]

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

Evil Overlord

Get info / Wikipedia [#6767]

Post by Evil Overlord »

MM 3.2.3.3103

I have R-click | Get info set to go to Wikipedia. This seems to function in two modes:
- R-click | Get info | Wikipedia (sets option and opens page)
or
- click on player text for album or artist.

However, I've noticed an anomaly.

Case:
I have Album A playing, but Album B is selected (e.g., I just finished editing a track title).

I click (in Gilded skin) on the artist or album text (Album A) shown in the player at the bottom of the window.
- If my browser is not open, nothing happens.
- If my browser is open, it opens a new Wikipedia tab, showing the album that is selected (Album B). In short, I click on player text that says 'Album A', but the page for Album B opens.

Questions:
1. Can I change this setting, so when I click the player text, it opens Wikipedia for the album that is playing?
2. Is there a one-click way to open Wikipedia for the selected album? E.g., by configuring the toolbar?
Last edited by Lowlander on Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to Bug Reports forum as bug was confirmed
Lowlander

Re: Get info / Wikipedia

Post by Lowlander »

Tools > Options > Appearance > Show links in Tracklist.

For me the Player always opens the playing song when Amazon is selected, but the selected track when Wikipedia is selected, but has no issue opening when my browser is closed (Firefox is default browser).
Evil Overlord

Post by Evil Overlord »

Tools > Options > Appearance > Show links in Tracklist.
I have that set to Wikipedia already (should have noted in my post), but get the behaviour noted previously.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

The only thing that I couldn't reproduce was the failure of the browser to open when closed, what's your default browser?
Evil Overlord

Post by Evil Overlord »

It's Firefox 4.0b7/ I also have Iron 7 and IE 8 installed, but FF is the default.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Added to the Bug Tracker: http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=6767

Can someone else reproduce the problem that when browser is closed nothing happens?