Printing cd info

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

GBPLIFER

Printing cd info

Post by GBPLIFER »

I just recently downloaded media monkey. I used to have musicmatch. I need to know if and how to print cd info and artwork to put on cd case.

Thanks.
Donski

Re: Printing cd info

Post by Donski »

There are a wide variety of programs you can use to print covers. Some people will create templates for programs like Word, Publisher or even PhotoShop with the proper size then add the image and resize it to fit. After that they print. There are also dedicated programs specifically designed to print covers and it's difficult to tell you which is the best one because I use Publisher. However if you're cheap and want a free one that's easy to use then I suggest CoverXP.

Code: Select all

http://fileforum.betanews.com/download/coverXP_Free/1005776582/2
After you install the program you can choose the template size then simply drag & drop the image into it, then have it print.

Now CD labels are a different story. Paper stick on labels should never be used, they heat up and throw your disc out of balance. Plus they cause the disc to be thicker which with the added size and weight cause more wear and tear on your drive making it wear out faster. The best way to go is to purchase a printer designed to print directly onto the disc itself. Epson makes a few and so does Canon, but you can't buy the Canon in the US. These are also standard printers that print on normal paper too so they are dual use. If you plan on printing over 500 labels then the savings you get from not buying paper labels more than pays for the printer.
GBPLIFER

Re: Printing cd info

Post by GBPLIFER »

Thanks for the info. I thought that I might be able to print the info and artwork on media monkey, like musicmatch.