Playlist Panel 3.1 (2010-09-19)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

rrfpacker

Re: See and manage which playlists a song is assigned to

Post by rrfpacker »

So far I'm liking this script. I do have a couple of questions.

1. I'm still on version 1 and the only playlists in the panel are regular. Does it not show Auto Playlists? Seems like others have mentioned them.

2. Version 2 is the first zipped script I've tried to install with Vista, all the others have been mmip. I can open/extract the contents, but I don't know what to do next. Double clicking on the Install and Playlist files only opens them. Do I just replace the Version 1 VBS file with Version 2?

Thank you for your hard work.
CeeDub

Post by CeeDub »

Hi rrfpacker,

thank you for trying it out, I'm glad you like it.

1. Yes, the script intentionally ignores the Auto Playlists, because you cannot/should not manually add or remove tracks from them anyway. MM does all the work here.

2. Version 2 should also be a .mmip file. I had one other person report (via PM) the same problem, it turned out they used Chrome to DL the script and Chrome automatically detected it was essentially a ZIP file and renamed it. Maybe something similar happened to you? Anyway, just rename the file to .mmip and install as usual. Remember that under Vista and Windows 7, you need to run MM as Administrator to install scripts.

Thanks again and good luck!

ETA: If that doesn't work and you already have version 1 of the script installed, just replace the PlaylistPanel.vbs file in {MediaMonkey}\Scripts\Auto\ and restart MM. That should do the trick as well.
MediaMonkey 3.2.x on Win 7 Home Premium (HTC Desire / Creative ZEN 16GB)
Check out my Playlist Panel script.
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

I understand the disregarding of Auto Playlists as MM does the work, however, it would be nice to see if a song is on an Auto Playlist. I sometimes stumble upon a song missing from an Auto Playlist because I have the date wrong, genre wrong, etc. and it would be helpful to see that info when the song is played outside the playlist.

Not a big deal, though. I will deal and enjoy the other functionality. Copying Version 2 vbs into Auto Scipt folder did the trick. Thank you.
CeeDub

Post by CeeDub »

rrfpacker,

I tried to add the option to show AutoPlaylists in the panel, but since the AutoPlaylists are basically internal queries, I cannot query the PlaylistSongs table to find out whether a given track is on an AutoPlaylist. In other words, I can show the AutoPlaylists, but I can't find out whether they should be checked. Sorry.
The way I see it, I'd have to parse the search conditions stored in the AutoPlaylists and execute one query for each AutoPlaylist every time you click on a track in the track browser. Not fun for either of us. :wink:

--

In other news, I updated the script again, fixing a bug that might screw up the settings for the LyricsViewer plugin, if you have that installed. :oops:
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

Understood. I will deal. Thanks again for the script.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Is there anyway you can add the artist/title of the track which the panel is displaying the info for? And if it is possible, the possibility for the user to toggle between the now playing and selected track?
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
CeeDub

Post by CeeDub »

Nyn,

your wish is my command. :wink:

I suck at quality assurance, so let me know if you have any problems.
pkw115

Post by pkw115 »

CeeDub, Nice update to a great script! I use your script everyday. Thanks!
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

nynaevelan wrote:Is there anyway you can add the artist/title of the track which the panel is displaying the info for? And if it is possible, the possibility for the user to toggle between the now playing and selected track?
CeeDub wrote:Nyn,

your wish is my command. :wink:
Thank you for the update, CeeDub. Working fine.

Note: I think you should rename the first post to ease ourselves know it's a script, and if there was an update.
Ex.: Playlist Panel 3.0 (2010-03-28).

Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].
nynaevelan

Re: Playlist Panel 3.0 (2010-03-28)

Post by nynaevelan »

Thank you for the update, it works fantastic and like stated earlier I use this panel everyday and love it. :D

Nyn

Jamesp

Post by Jamesp »

Hi!

Attention, when I was clicked on the image of MM on the first topic, I was redirected to a site with XXX photos and the view on MM on the center of it.

Is it a script that is ok to use ?

Thanks
CeeDub

Post by CeeDub »

Sorry about the X-rated ads, I used a free image hoster for the screenshot. I use AdBlock Plus in Firefox, so I didn't even know they were there. The script itself is hosted on a different, ad-free site. I verified the linked file against my local copy and they are identical. The MD5 checksum I calculated for my local copy is 1c7f688d31c63c55f4b31a6dfc466355.

I'll host the screenshot somewhere else when I get the time. Thanks for letting me know.

--

ETA: Screenies are now hosted on an ad-free site.
queazouatl

Post by queazouatl »

Loving this script. I was wondering if its possible to have a similar one. Can I request one where the panel displays the genres instead of playlists?
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

If you still have access to this script then you can create your own panel that includes the genres, but yes I too would like something similar created or for this one to continue to be developed, it is still one I use on a daily basis.

Post by Guest »

Yes, I tried editing the script somehow to read the playlist instead of genres, but it didt work. :/
I know next to nothing when it comes to scripting..