Embedded Minilyrics v1.4b [MM2+3+4]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

nohitter151

Re: Embedded Minilyrics v1.4b [MM2+3]

Post by nohitter151 »

Owyn wrote:Hmmm. I got curious about the search api for the site. 8)

Noticed that it's "Search Lyrics" menu option appears to be lost in action. ie. You can click it but it's a NOP.

The site appears to be stuck on "What's Hot".
You're not supposed to use the site for searching. You're supposed to use the program Minilyrics. And the site seems to be down again.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

Got it. Proprietary database for MiniLyrics. Thanks.
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum. (Ambrose Bierce)
I drink therefore I am. (Monty Python)
Vista 32bit Home Premium SP2 / MM3.2.1.1297 Gold / Last.Fm 1.0.2.22 / IE8
Dell Inspiron 530 (1.8 Core2 / 2GB)
Skin: Vitreous Blue
Scripts: Add/Remove Playstat|Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix|Album Art Tagger|Backup|Batch Art Finder|Calculate Cover Size|Case&Leading Zero Fixer|DB_Audit|DB_Clean|DB_Schema|Event Logger|Genre Finder|Lyricator|Magic Nodes|MM2VLC|Monkey Rok|MusicIP Tagger|PUID Generator|RegExp Find & Replace|Right Click for Scripts|Scriptreloader|SQL Viewer|Stats(Filtered)|Tagging Inconsistencies
Hunter_Thompson

Post by Hunter_Thompson »

nohitter151 wrote:
Hunter_Thompson wrote:apparently this server falls over a lot....
Not really. Every once in a while, but usually not for this long.

Anyway, it seems to be back up now.
Nope, website still down for me. Using EvilLyrics instead now.. no where near as sexy but actually shows me words to songs.. will keep trying minilyrics but if that website doesn't resolve I cant see how it will work.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Hunter_Thompson wrote: Using EvilLyrics instead now.. no where near as sexy but actually shows me words to songs.. will keep trying minilyrics but if that website doesn't resolve I cant see how it will work.
The Minilyrics server was under a DDoS attack recently which is what caused the server to crash. There's a new version out that prevents it and the site is back up again.

I have only used EvilLyrics briefly but in my experience Minilyrics is much better not only in terms of visual appeal but also in terms of ease-of-use and better lyrics availability.

rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

E,L is named properly as it finds things that are not real lyrics but posts in chats that have the lyics you typed to search for,
which makes for very bad words showing up in front of the kids. and very bad ideas in those chat posts are also shown to the kid that is misfortune'd in typing a search lyric that shows one of them posts.
:(
:-?
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
mvcs

Post by mvcs »

Hi, I'm having trouble getting ML to work.
I've read through the entire thread looking for a solution.

The problem:
After installing ML and the embedder, the panel loads automatically with MM but no lyrics appear.

Attempted solutions:
- Re-installing ML and the embedder
- During installation make sure that the MediaMonkey option is selected
- Closing and re-opening MM
- Re-booting after installation
- Making sure that the .ddl files, and all other files suggested in this thread, exist and are where they are supposed to be.
- Installing ML directly in the MM folder, as well as in the progfile86 folder
- Right-clicking on the panel to change skin, transparency etc. However, and this is key, when right clicking on the panel NOTHING happens. No menu shows up for me to change skins. I have even gone as far as deleting the Fantasy folder in the skins of ML, since most people in the forum seem to blame this skin for the problem. However to no avail. There is no ML microphone icon in the menu bar, so I can't click on it to change skin and other settings there either. Minilyrics Panel does show up in the View menu, and is activated.
- Tools Menu/Options/Player/General Plug-ins. Here there is only one choice, called MiniLyrics for Winamp. I click on it, then on Configuration button. Nothing appears. I need to click on another window and then go back to MM or otherwise MM stays frozen.
- Clicking on ML in the Windows Start Menu to get it re-started. A window opens with two columns, Miniyrics and Status, both completely empty.
- Running MM as administrator

I am running the latest Gold version of MM on Win7.

Any suggestions?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Is gen_minilyrics.dll in the MediaMonkey\Plugins\ folder? It sounds as if Minilyrics does not open at all.

mvcs

Post by mvcs »

nohitter151 wrote:Is gen_minilyrics.dll in the MediaMonkey\Plugins\ folder? It sounds as if Minilyrics does not open at all.
Yes, I have double-checked, and the folder is in the MM/Plugins folder
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

mvcs wrote:
nohitter151 wrote:Is gen_minilyrics.dll in the MediaMonkey\Plugins\ folder? It sounds as if Minilyrics does not open at all.
It should be a file named gen_minilyrics.dll, not a folder. Try to reinstall to the default install location and make sure "MediaMonkey" is checked during installation.

mvcs

Post by mvcs »

nohitter151 wrote:
mvcs wrote:
It should be a file named gen_minilyrics.dll, not a folder. Try to reinstall to the default install location and make sure "MediaMonkey" is checked during installation.
That was a typo, i meant file not folder. The gen_minilyrics.dll file is in the above stated folder. MM was indeed checked during installation.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Minilyrics is not loading for some reason. Hard to say why, but you could try to remove the embedder and see if Minilyrics loads then. You could also see if Minilyrics opens for other programs like WMP or iTunes (may require you to reinstall).

mvcs

Post by mvcs »

nohitter151 wrote:Minilyrics is not loading for some reason. Hard to say why, but you could try to remove the embedder and see if Minilyrics loads then. You could also see if Minilyrics opens for other programs like WMP or iTunes (may require you to reinstall).
It works on iTunes. (Damn you Steve Jobs!)
Removing the embedder makes ML disappear completely from MM. Both the panel and the ML microphone in the View drop down menu are gone now.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

mvcs wrote:
nohitter151 wrote:Minilyrics is not loading for some reason. Hard to say why, but you could try to remove the embedder and see if Minilyrics loads then. You could also see if Minilyrics opens for other programs like WMP or iTunes (may require you to reinstall).
It works on iTunes. (Damn you Steve Jobs!)
Removing the embedder makes ML disappear completely from MM. Both the panel and the ML microphone in the View drop down menu are gone now.
That's expected to happen. Those are just parts of the embedder. Minilyrics should still open on its own when you open MM. I don't know what the problem is, you might want to contact the Minilyrics developer to see if he has any ideas: http://www.crintsoft.com/contactus.htm

THOR

Post by THOR »

Hallo Freunde von MediaMonkey,

habe MiniLyrics inclusive dem dazugehörigen Embedded instaliert. Funktioniert soweit einwandfrei. Es eignet sich so allerdings nur zum mitsingen eines Songs (Stichwort Karaoke). Sehr praktisch wäre es, die Songtexte beim Abspielen automatisch in den MP3 Tags zu speichern!

In MiniLyrics gibt es unter Ansicht>Einstellungen...>Songtext die Möglichkeit Songtext in der MP3 speichern auszuwählen.
Es funktioniert aber nicht :-(

Der Versuch den Songtext manuell ins MP3 Tag zu bekommen; mit Rechtsklick auf den MiniLyrics-Button in der Schnellstartleist; funktioniert leider auch nicht. Es erscheint die Fehlermeldung: Der Prozess kann nicht auf die Datei zugreifen, da sie von einem anderen Prozess verwendet wird.
Nach dem Schließen von MM kommt dann auch immer die Aufforderung eingebettete Songtexte zu aktualisieren. Bei der Ausführung passiert aber keider nichts...

Für eine Problemlösung wäre ich euch echt dankbar!!!
THOR

Post by THOR »

Hello,

i have intallede and embedded MiniLyrics in MediaMonkey. It works very well.
But i have Problems to copy the lyrics automaticaly in the ID3Tag of the MP3 files.
I clict on the option>Lyrics>Save lyrics in mp 3 file!! But it doesent work :-(

please sent mi how to configure this.
Or perhaps it doesent work with MediaMonkey? And you can correct this error?

Thank you for atention