Embedded Minilyrics v1.4b [MM2+3+4]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

rrfpacker

Re: Embedded Minilyrics v1.4b [MM2+3]

Post by rrfpacker »

The scroll bar in the ML embedder is white, all the time. Is there any way to fix this?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

rrfpacker wrote:The scroll bar in the ML embedder is white, all the time. Is there any way to fix this?
It's probably skinnable, but I'm not sure about that.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
MMNewbie2010

Post by MMNewbie2010 »

I'm having an issue with ML updating the lyrics to the ID tags of my music. I initially had the issue with a blank embedded ML windows which was fixed by altering the theme and text settings. Now I see the scrolling lyrics and I've updated the settings to write to all 3 ID tag types but it still not working. It is also writing the lyrics to a file which I have also selected. If I right click in the embedded window and choose Lyrics -> Save lyrics in mp3 file I get a dialog box to select which ID tags to write to. If I select any or all of them I get the message "Failed to save embedded Lyrics to <PATH>. The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

Has anyone seen this? BTW, tried restarting MM and rebooting. No help.

Thanks!
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

MMNewbie2010 wrote:I'm having an issue with ML updating the lyrics to the ID tags of my music. I initially had the issue with a blank embedded ML windows which was fixed by altering the theme and text settings. Now I see the scrolling lyrics and I've updated the settings to write to all 3 ID tag types but it still not working. It is also writing the lyrics to a file which I have also selected. If I right click in the embedded window and choose Lyrics -> Save lyrics in mp3 file I get a dialog box to select which ID tags to write to. If I select any or all of them I get the message "Failed to save embedded Lyrics to <PATH>. The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.
That error message always happens because the file is being accessed by MediaMonkey (as it's being played) and thus isn't writeable. Minilyrics will make the tag modifications as soon as you begin to play a different track.

MMNewbie2010

Post by MMNewbie2010 »

Thanks for the quick response. The problem is that the tags are not updated even after they're done playing. I've played some songs several times and I see the lyrics in the embedded ML window but when I go back to the songs which were previously played they have no lyrics. I'm new to MM so maybe I'm missing something...

Thanks again,

MMNewbie2010
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

MMNewbie2010 wrote:Thanks for the quick response. The problem is that the tags are not updated even after they're done playing. I've played some songs several times and I see the lyrics in the embedded ML window but when I go back to the songs which were previously played they have no lyrics. I'm new to MM so maybe I'm missing something...

Thanks again,

MMNewbie2010
Have no lyrics in the embedded lyrics panel or in the MM properties?

MMNewbie2010

Post by MMNewbie2010 »

I do have scrolling lyrics in the embedded MM window and I do have lyrics in the created .lrc files but I have no lyrics in the ID tags of the songs. I made sure that I selected "Save lyrics in mp3 file" from ML preferences with all 3 formats checked. Im at a loss why the lyrics arent populating in the songs ID tags lyrics tab.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

MMNewbie2010 wrote:I do have scrolling lyrics in the embedded MM window and I do have lyrics in the created .lrc files but I have no lyrics in the ID tags of the songs. I made sure that I selected "Save lyrics in mp3 file" from ML preferences with all 3 formats checked. Im at a loss why the lyrics arent populating in the songs ID tags lyrics tab.
You need to either rescan the tracks or enable the file monitor so MM knows to look for updates in the file tags (since Minilyrics is making the tag changes, not MM).

mone

Post by mone »

All I get is the track number and title. I don't have a microphone icon. I have to start minilyric from the desktop. Any suggestions?
Nopak

Post by Nopak »

Can anyone confirm if the minilyrics server is down at the moment, I've not been able to get a connection since yesterday?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Nopak wrote:Can anyone confirm if the minilyrics server is down at the moment, I've not been able to get a connection since yesterday?
Yeah, it's been down for me too.

Jimme

Post by Jimme »

me too
Hunter_Thompson

Post by Hunter_Thompson »

Yeah my minilyrics is not grabbing any new files...

Also the website that it points to seems to be down:
http://www.viewlyrics.com/

I only installed it on Friday now it not working :(

I'll give it another day and then will be looking at alternatives.. apparently this server falls over a lot....
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Hunter_Thompson wrote:apparently this server falls over a lot....
Not really. Every once in a while, but usually not for this long.

Anyway, it seems to be back up now.

Owyn

Post by Owyn »

Hmmm. I got curious about the search api for the site. 8)

Noticed that it's "Search Lyrics" menu option appears to be lost in action. ie. You can click it but it's a NOP.

The site appears to be stuck on "What's Hot".
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum. (Ambrose Bierce)
I drink therefore I am. (Monty Python)
Vista 32bit Home Premium SP2 / MM3.2.1.1297 Gold / Last.Fm 1.0.2.22 / IE8
Dell Inspiron 530 (1.8 Core2 / 2GB)
Skin: Vitreous Blue
Scripts: Add/Remove Playstat|Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix|Album Art Tagger|Backup|Batch Art Finder|Calculate Cover Size|Case&Leading Zero Fixer|DB_Audit|DB_Clean|DB_Schema|Event Logger|Genre Finder|Lyricator|Magic Nodes|MM2VLC|Monkey Rok|MusicIP Tagger|PUID Generator|RegExp Find & Replace|Right Click for Scripts|Scriptreloader|SQL Viewer|Stats(Filtered)|Tagging Inconsistencies