iPod now shows album artist & not track artist

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Richstant

iPod now shows album artist & not track artist

Post by Richstant »

I have a number of compilation albums where I've set the album artist to 'various' & the track artist to the track artist. When using itunes to sync my ipod, under 'artists' it listed all the track artists. I've now syned the ipod using MM, and as far as I can tell, 'artists' now seems to list the album artist and not the tracl artist. However all is not well because if I go to the artist 'various', it only shows 2 of my compilation albums. If I browse by album then the compilation albums are all there, and they have the artist 'various'.

So, 2 questions:

How do I control whether 'album artist' or 'track artist' is shown when browsing by artist on the ipod?

Why does do all the albums with the 'various' album artist not show up when browsing the 'various' artist?

Thanks!
Richstant

Re: iPod now shows album artist & not track artist

Post by Richstant »

All sorted - I've never noticed the 'compilations' section on the ipod before, and all my missing albums are in there! When I used itunes I'd never tagged any albums as compilations becasue I didn't know what it did, so all artists from compilation albums were listed under artists. I gather if I'd tagged them as compilations under itunes they'd have been like this too. Presumably mediamonkey puts all albums with different album/track artists under the compilation section?
nohitter151

Re: iPod now shows album artist & not track artist

Post by nohitter151 »

Richstant wrote:All sorted - I've never noticed the 'compilations' section on the ipod before, and all my missing albums are in there! When I used itunes I'd never tagged any albums as compilations becasue I didn't know what it did, so all artists from compilation albums were listed under artists. I gather if I'd tagged them as compilations under itunes they'd have been like this too. Presumably mediamonkey puts all albums with different album/track artists under the compilation section?
Any track where what is in the "Artist" field doesn't match what is in the "Album artist" field is tagged as a compilation album.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.