Backup Playlists 2.2 - Updated 18/10/10

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Boooi21

Re: Backup Playlists 2.1 [MM2+3]

Post by Boooi21 »

Thanks for taking time to help
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Error with apostrophes during import:

By the way, your script has the same problem with autoplaylists as mine Restore PlayHistory/DateAdded/Playlists. If you are interested about explanation, please take a look at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 16#p268716.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Thanks, you are of course correct. My script is primarily designed for importing back into the same library, but if it was imported into a different library then it wouldn't really work. As you say in your thread, this would be too complex to try and fix as it's wholey undocumented.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
trixmoto

Re: Backup Playlists 2.2 - Updated 18/10/10

Post by trixmoto »

New version (2.2) is now available to download from my website. Changes include...

- Added update server to installation package
- Removed old MM2 code
- Fixed problems caused by apostrophes
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Peke

Post by Peke »

If anything needed to explain/document (I raised scripting documentation issues to higher for MM 4.0+) I'll be glad to help
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
peterH

Post by peterH »

I'm trying to install this into MM3 v3.2.2.1300 but I'm getting a "Product Installation Error". Any ideas?

Also tried the older v2.1 and got the same thing.

Thanks . :)
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

peterH wrote:I'm trying to install this into MM3 v3.2.2.1300 but I'm getting a "Product Installation Error". Any ideas?

Also tried the older v2.1 and got the same thing.

Thanks . :)
http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... ticleid=59
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
kiwichick

Post by kiwichick »

"you cannot import these criteria into another database as the IDs will not match"

What if my "other database" is copy of the original database (on the same computer, just in another folder)? Will the IDs still be an issue? Will I have my autoplaylists? Cheers.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

If it is a copy of the same database then you should be fine.
Bex

Post by Bex »

@Kiwichick,
But then will the autoplaylists already be in the copy! :)
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
leighduffy

Re: Backup Playlists 2.2 - Manual Import?

Post by leighduffy »

Hi Everyone,

I'm having trouble retrieving my Playlists using this script. I've just backed up my Library and Playlists using trixmoto's Backup and Playlist Backup scripts.
In the past I've had no problem backing up/restoring everything using these to the same PC, but am not trying to restore my most recent backup (WinXP) onto my new Win7 laptop and having difficulty. This difficulty is compounded by the fact that I've moved Library location from a dedicated USB HDD onto the Public folder of my Laptop, so paths are now different.

Anyway, I initially struggled to backup the main MM DB, scripts and *.ini file, but copying and pasting manually into the MM install directory has solved this (confirmed as installed Scripts now display under the Tools menu). However, this has led to a problem when executing the 'Import' function of the BackupPlaylists script from within MM - I'm getting the following errors:

I'm relying on somebody far more familiar with the MM database sctructures to point me in the right direction and wondering if anybody knows of a possible fix and/or cause for this error, or possibly a manual way round it?

Btw I don't have any Auto-Playlists configured, the Backup just contains standard playlists but I am keen to restore these as there are quite a number of them, each containing alot of tracks, making 'starting from scratch' an unenviable prospect!

Any support that can be offered will be much appreciated!

Thanks in Advance Guys.

Leigh
Haaden2

Post by Haaden2 »

I'm getting the following error, and I'm stumped. Has anybody figured out how to remedy this? I can't run Backup 5.8 because of this. I'm running MediaMonkey 4.0.6.1501 on Windows 7 Pro 64-bit.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

i believe that is an error that is saying there is an issue on line # and Character # of which the script author will have to fix or help you fix.

and until that issue is fixed it locked your database?

that is what i read it to be but i could be misreading it, so its still better to check with the script's author.

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

No, it means that the database is locked and therefore the script cannot access it directly. I don't know why it's locked or how you can unlock it though. Have you tried restarting your computer?
MusicBringer

Post by MusicBringer »

...I suppose you are running Monkey as a Administrator?
MediaMonkey user since 2006