Last.fm Playcount Import (2010-03-28) [MM3/4]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Funkafonik

Re: Last.fm Playcount Import [MM3]

Post by Funkafonik »

Something strange happened, I had to nuke my library and start a new after some problems I had, but when I ran the script, it updated the playcount alright, but instead of the Last Played date, it loaded the First Played date! I tried running it again and it didn't change anything... anyone else having this issue?
ZenDude

Post by ZenDude »

I am getting error #500 when running the script. I am on win xp3 running Last.fm Playcount Import Version 3.0.

update: I stopped playing MM and re ran the script and it worked fine.
Psyker7

Post by Psyker7 »

antietam wrote:Unfortunately I cannot use this script anymore. In the beginning, it goes well and loads my recent tracks from the last.fm website. Then, suddenly, on page 552 of 3443 I receive an error warning, something like "You have an error: an xml-document must have a top level element" and then - "Last.FM Query failed". Finita. Nothing happens.

Will you please tell me how I can solve this problem.
If this continues to happen, might be worth trying version 2.0 - it doesn't load as many pages from last.fm and so is less susceptible to errors on last.fm's part (they don't seem to validate their xml feeds properly)
Funkafonik wrote:Something strange happened, I had to nuke my library and start a new after some problems I had, but when I ran the script, it updated the playcount alright, but instead of the Last Played date, it loaded the First Played date! I tried running it again and it didn't change anything... anyone else having this issue?
If there is no first played date it updates that as well as the last played date.... or so I thought?
ZenDude wrote:I am getting error #500 when running the script. I am on win xp3 running Last.fm Playcount Import Version 3.0.

update: I stopped playing MM and re ran the script and it worked fine.
Glad to hear it.
Unfortunately at the moment, because pagination changes each time a new song starts playing the script can get confused and miss a track or two if you're playing music while it runs, particularly if you have a large play history. Working on a way to cache old plays so this isn't needed, but it's a little... complicated (and I'm in the process of moving house)
Funkafonik

Post by Funkafonik »

Psyker7 wrote:
Funkafonik wrote:Something strange happened, I had to nuke my library and start a new after some problems I had, but when I ran the script, it updated the playcount alright, but instead of the Last Played date, it loaded the First Played date! I tried running it again and it didn't change anything... anyone else having this issue?
If there is no first played date it updates that as well as the last played date.... or so I thought?
I thought Last Played date was the most recent date you listened to a song? :-?
Since my library was brand new and nothing in my Last Played fields, instead of loading the most recent dates, I ended up with all my favorite bands/albums dating back to 2007/2006/2005...
theipott

Post by theipott »

Say is there any possibility to write the play count you download from last.fm into the internal data base?
Psyker7

Post by Psyker7 »

Funkafonik wrote:
Psyker7 wrote:
I thought Last Played date was the most recent date you listened to a song? :-?
Since my library was brand new and nothing in my Last Played fields, instead of loading the most recent dates, I ended up with all my favorite bands/albums dating back to 2007/2006/2005...
Possible I have the order reversed and it's putting in first played instead of last played, I'll take a look.
theipott wrote:Say is there any possibility to write the play count you download from last.fm into the internal data base?
On the cards, but a long way off yet - check out this meanwhile: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =2&t=31809

====
I've been flat out with stuff recently and haven't had much time to devote to this. Personally as much as I like having exact last played times, I'm more inclined to stick with the weekly summaries as it doesn't have the issue with the pagination while playing. This was never really intended to be an 'exact last played' script - rather just to catch some missing play counts.
2.0 does this just fine :)
TJOHO

Post by TJOHO »

First I have a question about the functionality of this script. In this forum you keep saying both that what it does is update your local MM playcounts based on Last.fm playcounts, and you say that it cannot update the local database with playcounts...? Not being snarky, just confused! :-?

I haven't had a chance to see for myself either, because I got some error messages when trying this.

First a runtime error (unfortunately my Korean is not good :oops: )

Then when I click OK on that:

According to Google Translate, it means "Variable not defined".

My Last.fm user name is TJOHO if you want to try for yourself.
JuBe

Post by JuBe »

Is it possible to sync plays from Mediamonkey to Last.fm as well? After running the script it seems like there's a few thousand tracks that have larger playcounts in my mediamonkey library than on last.fm
yayalex

Post by yayalex »

Mediamonkey and lastfm keep giving me headaches. It's so close to working but nowhere near it. All the tracks I play on my ipod get updated to my MM but not to my last.fm, which sucks because I use my ipod more than my laptop. So I end up with a a track played 50 times on MM but 10 times on lastfm. Is there anything I can do about this?
JuBe

Post by JuBe »

yayalex wrote:Mediamonkey and lastfm keep giving me headaches. It's so close to working but nowhere near it. All the tracks I play on my ipod get updated to my MM but not to my last.fm, which sucks because I use my ipod more than my laptop. So I end up with a a track played 50 times on MM but 10 times on lastfm. Is there anything I can do about this?
There are several separate programs which can do this for you. I forget which one I used, but when I had my iPod scrobble tracks to Last.fm, I think I used lastpod or something like that. There are many alternatives which you can google for. Pretty much you plug in your ipod, run the program which just scrobbles the tracks, and then sync it with Mediamonkey. It's important to first scrobble the tracks before syncing with Mediamonkey otherwise it won't know what you listened to and won't scrobble anything.
yayalex

Post by yayalex »

JuBe wrote:
yayalex wrote:Mediamonkey and lastfm keep giving me headaches. It's so close to working but nowhere near it. All the tracks I play on my ipod get updated to my MM but not to my last.fm, which sucks because I use my ipod more than my laptop. So I end up with a a track played 50 times on MM but 10 times on lastfm. Is there anything I can do about this?
There are several separate programs which can do this for you. I forget which one I used, but when I had my iPod scrobble tracks to Last.fm, I think I used lastpod or something like that. There are many alternatives which you can google for. Pretty much you plug in your ipod, run the program which just scrobbles the tracks, and then sync it with Mediamonkey. It's important to first scrobble the tracks before syncing with Mediamonkey otherwise it won't know what you listened to and won't scrobble anything.
Jeez sounds like a lot of work. Once every few months I try and find a way to do it but I always end up wasting hours and getting nothing but a headache. I did google it, I found questions dating back to like 2006, you'd think by now someone would have wrote a script to sort it out. I don't even think I want to use MediaMonkey anymore, but since my last years worth of counts have been racked up on it I'm kind of in play count purgatory.

My MM knows what songs I've played last and how many times I've played them, I don't get how hard it is to send that information to lastfm. Even if it only updated at the end of each day or week it would make a lot more sense.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

yayalex wrote:
Jeez sounds like a lot of work. \
Not really, it's extremely simple. Download the program QTscrobbler: http://qtscrob.sourceforge.net/

All you have to do is open it, enter your last.fm info at Global > Settings, click the "Open iTunesDB" button, then click submit.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
yayalex

Post by yayalex »

nohitter151 wrote:
yayalex wrote:
Not really, it's extremely simple. Download the program QTscrobbler: http://qtscrob.sourceforge.net/

All you have to do is open it, enter your last.fm info at Global > Settings, click the "Open iTunesDB" button, then click submit.
That is pretty easy, I guess. Sucks having to keep reconnecting though. Also wish there was a way to get all the counts I missed but I guess it'll do til I can figure that out. Oh and is there a directory this is stored under, I exed out of it and now I can't find it anywhere D;
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

yayalex wrote:
nohitter151 wrote:
yayalex wrote:

That is pretty easy, I guess. Sucks having to keep reconnecting though. Also wish there was a way to get all the counts I missed but I guess it'll do til I can figure that out. Oh and is there a directory this is stored under, I exed out of it and now I can't find it anywhere D;
It's a stand-alone .exe file, so you don't have to install it. You just download and double click to run it.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
TJOHO

Post by TJOHO »

Yeah, I have QTScrobbler on the iPod itself - it's a portable app - so whatever PC with internet connection I plug the iPod into can scrobble the tracks.