new options

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

new options

Post by Guest »

Hi Jiri

First of all congraluations..

I have two wishes for this proggie.. I have some mp3pro file ... copz i have 45 Gb of mp3 and files sizes are important for me as you can see. by the way i want to easyly see mp3 pro compressed files. so i have give them "mp3pro" extension. now the question. Your program doesnt scan this extension. I have a line in one ini file and manully add this extension but it doesnt work. Can you add sometihng like that...

Also i have some file. for example artist is "celine dion" in other file artist is "celine&mark_griffith" but song db handle this are different artist.. I have a lot of file this. coz of it manually drag and drop is very hard for me. (i have total 17000 mp3)

What about that

thanks for your work...
jiri

Post by jiri »

Other audio formats will be added by the use of plug-ins for all audio related tasks (currently there are just plug-ins for playback). However I'm not sure if MP3pro is going to be added as it has very expensive licensing policy, so I don't know if it will be ever possible to include it in a freeware application. Please consider using OGG format, because it is completely free and is going to be added to Songs-DB soon.

Actually I don't know what to do in the second case, when there are different artists information in tags, also Songs-DB shows them and you can either manually correct them or accept them as are. It could be better when some service like freedb for audio CDs will work for MP3s (there are some, but rather experimental).

Jiri
ikutluay

misunderstand jiri

Post by ikutluay »

Hi again Jiri

Of course im not wanting the mp3pro support in this freeware program... I dont mean this..

"in scan media dialog it only allow wav, mp3 and wma, but i have using the "mp3pro" extension for that format. Becozuse i dont want play them evertime for see if it is normal mp3 or mp3pro.." i only wanted this.. i want to change or manually select scan extension options.

also i have manually choose the other problem.. rename that files like this "soundtrack-matrix-the song".. now they are ok... but it is still continue for "eminem&dr_dre"

Thanks for reply...
jiri

Post by jiri »

So far it isn't possible to tell Songs-DB which extensions it should accept. It will be probably possible what format plug-ins will be introduced, but anyway I would prefer to leave extensions as they are widely accepted, for your purposes what about ".pro.mp3"? Doesn't look so nice, but does what you need. :wink:

For the second thing - I'm afraid I don't understand exactly - one song can be currently assigned to just one artist, is that what you would like to change? When you have a song with artists "Artist1&Artist2", there isn't a way how to assign it to both. It is a limitation, but there isn't a simple way how to manage it and keep the software simple.

Jiri