Better Native Windows UI (Win7)

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

Goodog

Re: Better Native Windows UI (Win7)

Post by Goodog »

rovingcowboy wrote:
modern is a joke for design all that means is old stuff that young ones have not seen before is then called modern so the warehouses can sale the stuff that was made years ago.

but if that is the same in software i don't think so since software is not really stored in the warehouse's. its too out dated before it gets to the shelf.

but i don't see any improvements in the new stuff only the way they skin the new stuff. and that will need to be changed in the theme engine by petrcbr if he is still doing the engine fix's

even win 7 looks like it uses the same gui theme engine for the shell only with better features then xp.
What???? :o
lf0

Post by lf0 »

As there is no visible progress in this area, I will post the individual issues as separate threads in the bug forum.

I came to the conclusion, that the presented issues are rather bugs (in the user interface) than mere wishes.

On top of that, I guess that the problems are formulated quite clearly and the solutions I presented should help to fix the problems with little to moderate effort.

Maybe some are already done in the MM4 branch but as there are no individual bug numbers, there is no way to tell if or which of the issues are assigned, resolved or even closed/rejected.

I really don't expect this to be done at once but a little transparency would help to see if there is any hope in this getting fixed at all.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

The bug tracker is available to the public here: http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/
lf0

Post by lf0 »

Lowlander wrote:The bug tracker is available to the public here: http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/
I know that, but I can't find the above issues there and there is no way to open bugs as a user as it seems. So raising issues should be done with the bug forum. And no, I don't consider #2746 appropriate for the mentioned issues (just one of them).