Video organizer tools?

Community forum for discussions completely unrelated to MediaMonkey.

Moderator: Gurus

sn0skier

Re: Video organizer tools?

Post by sn0skier »

Media Center 12. It's not as good as mediamonkey, but it's close, and it's the best for organizing video. AKA J river media center.
last.fm signatures don't work anymore, which is sad. Any easy replacement?
sn0skier

Post by sn0skier »

Really though mediacenter is the best. You can rename based on metadata and fill in metadata based on names. It's actually a very powerful program. It seems like what MM might become if it did video, which is scary because it isn't as good. Once you incorporate video the program just seems to get too unwieldy.
last.fm signatures don't work anymore, which is sad. Any easy replacement?
leomeloxp

Post by leomeloxp »

Hi everyone, I was looking for how to organize videos on MediaMonkey and found this topic, hope it stills okay to post here.

Did anyone found another plugin for MM? I downloaded VID4WA, but it only reads .avi some mpegs and .wmv... Is there any way I could tag matroska (.mkv) files with Media monkey too?

I have a few strange file formats in here, but they are mostly .mkv, .mp4 and .avi (then some .rmvb and other stuff, but they are less). I have quite a collection of videos so I would like to make it faster to rename and edit them, does anyone has any other advice?

Thanks =]
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

leomeloxp wrote:Hi everyone, I was looking for how to organize videos on MediaMonkey and found this topic, hope it stills okay to post here.

Did anyone found another plugin for MM? I downloaded VID4WA, but it only reads .avi some mpegs and .wmv... Is there any way I could tag matroska (.mkv) files with Media monkey too?

I have a few strange file formats in here, but they are mostly .mkv, .mp4 and .avi (then some .rmvb and other stuff, but they are less). I have quite a collection of videos so I would like to make it faster to rename and edit them, does anyone has any other advice?

Thanks =]
see here: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... &hilit=vlc
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
alex_top

Post by alex_top »

Here is one more video organizer - http://visualsearchpony.com

It allows to find all video files on PC and present them as a list of items, accompanied with thumbnails and short descriptions. It is then allowed to quickly preview footage, play video or copy/move/delete any of the video files.

The main difference to other video file organizers is that Visual Search Pony uses content to group similar video files together.

For example, if you have some movie "The fighter" in 640x480.wmv file and recently downloaded higher resolution copy in 1280x960.avi, no matter where both of them are located, they will be put close together in the list.