Ripping Issues

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Lowlander

Re: Ripping Issues

Post by Lowlander »

You can download the Release Candidate of MediaMonkey 3.1.1 to fix Auto-Tag from Web. You can find this version in the Beta forum: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 90#p219090
mk09

Post by mk09 »

Peke wrote:If both are the same versions (Help -> About) Debug only Sends additional information to windows Debugging system that could hep us to catch issues. Additionally you should lose +/- 1% of CPU Cycles along with some bigger memory foot print.
Thanks Pavle.

I ended up uninstalling 3.1 debug and am using 3.0.7.1191 until I get all of my CDs converted. I decided to do it this way because the 3.1 database isn't backward compatible and I do not want to have to redo the work if there is still an issue, even with the older dll. Once finished, I'll upgrade to the latest version as there were some significant enhancements included in 3.1. Also, I think it might be useful to have a complete library in both database formats.

I'm curious, what changes were made to the dll?

Thanks again for being so prompt with your help.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Along with RIP/Burn Engine Update there were some fixes with Vista, Win 7, permitions,...

If it works at your PC than you can freely use it. My job is to catch what Happened and where ;) Something influenced an regression :( I'll surely try to track it down after new engine come out and be included in MM.

Than you for help, this is one of reasons why user feedback is essential.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Karolm

Post by Karolm »

Pavle: maybe you missed my entry here. I have the same problem ("track 1"), but I have NOT changed my OS - still XP.

Karol
"I wish you well!" - Rex Stout
robojock

Post by robojock »

Hi Peke

I have the same problem. I have figured out what is the cause of this... its these "enhanced" cds with the extra session of data (not the copy protected ones, but i guess they will fall under that catagory too) usuaslly when ripping those cds and it comes to the last track before that session then mediamonkey throughs out some errors. With the other cds i dont have this problem only the "enhanced" cds

Thanks
Karolm

Post by Karolm »

Re "robojock" entry: no, I had the same problem with fairly old CD-s, certainly not "enhanced".
Peke

Post by Peke »

It looks that Ludek has found what cause it after talk with Primo and we should be able to test it soon.

Ok can you retest with this DLL?
Attachments

[The extension zip has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Best regards,
Peke
Karolm

Post by Karolm »

Pavle, if you are asking me, then the answer is, unfortunately, no: it was intermittent and sort of went away, and at the moment I wouldn't know what to test it on. But if you wish, please send me off-line instructions and if I get a chance, I'll try - Karol
Peke

Post by Peke »

Thx Karol, we will see what others report and make strategy for next move if there is still problems.
Best regards,
Peke
DougZ

Post by DougZ »

Hi Pavle,
I'm running 3.1.0.1256 on a 64-bit Vista system and have been having major issues with incorrect flac file creation when ripping CDs. I downloaded your latest hpCDBurn dll and put it in place and the first couple of cds seemed to rip perfectly so I got my hopes up. The third cd however had the same type of issues that I was previously having, the flac files created don't line up correctly with the song boundaries. Back to the drawing board I guess.
Thanks for looking in to this,
Doug
robojock

Post by robojock »

Hi Peke

can i just copy the dll to my folder of the latest version of mm or do i need the latest debug version? :-? because i did it like that and i get these errors with all my "cores" (quad) enabled

http://img261.imageshack.us/i/capturew.jpg/

http://img249.imageshack.us/i/capture1k.jpg/

i tested it with just 2 cores it gave me a error that it couldnt decode one of the tracks and i still get a error on the last track of the "enhanced" cd, if i rip it with any other cd ripping program be it "burst mode" or "secure" i dont get any errors on that last track only with mediamonkey and it adds a few seconds of silence and little bit of music of the last few seconds of the song. This cd is NOT copy protected because it released in 1996. I get this problem with a few other "enhanced" cds - cds which were made multi-session and have data on the 2nd session...

i tested it with with only 1 core and i didnt get any decoding errors except for the last track.

I just listened to the last track of the cd although i did get errors i had a listen to it and didnt hear any...
Coopsterman321

Post by Coopsterman321 »

DougZ wrote:Hi Pavle,
I'm running 3.1.0.1256 on a 64-bit Vista system and have been having major issues with incorrect flac file creation when ripping CDs. I downloaded your latest hpCDBurn dll and put it in place and the first couple of cds seemed to rip perfectly so I got my hopes up. The third cd however had the same type of issues that I was previously having, the flac files created don't line up correctly with the song boundaries. Back to the drawing board I guess.
Doug
Same issue here. 64-bit Vista. AMD 939 dual core. Tried the new hpCDBurn.dll and it's still happening. Anything else we should try?
neilr8133

Post by neilr8133 »

"Me, too."

Same problem: Ripping last track of `enhanced' CDs fails under v3.1.1.1261. No luck using either "hpCDBurn MM 3.0.7.1191.zip" or the "hpCDBurn.zip" (dated 2009-08-26).

Curiously, right now trying to *play* music on the CD gives the following error:
"Tracks from the following locations are currently inaccessible: (blank)
Please reconnect the drive, insert the CDs, or save the tracks to the Virtual CD."
Clicking `cancel' or `retry' fails, but if I click `ignore' then it works (!). Tried ejecting disk, restarting MM, no luck.
DougZ

Post by DougZ »

Coopsterman321 wrote:
DougZ wrote:Hi Pavle,
Doug
Same issue here. 64-bit Vista. AMD 939 dual core. Tried the new hpCDBurn.dll and it's still happening. Anything else we should try?
Okay a couple of weeks ago I downloaded 3.1.2.1261 - same issues. Decided to wait & watch the beta testing forum.
A couple of days ago I downloaded the 3.1.2.1269 Debug version. Hallelujah! Problems solved. In looking at the changelogs for the test builds I think this was likely fixed in 1266, there is mention of an issue with cacheing the TOC from the disc. In retrospect I think I never had an issue with the 1st disc that I ripped after starting MM; the problems always occurred on subsequent discs.
Hopefully you can get this pushed out in a release build soon.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

i just tried the other day with 1270 to rip a cdrom. to a wav file. it made the file in the folder and named it.
but then monkey stopped doing the rip and left a zero byte file for the song.

i did a debug log and sent that to rusty maybe it will help with all the ripping issues here.

:-?
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.