Auto-tag from web...: HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request [BUG# 5605]

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

BenRad

Re: Auto-tag from web...: HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request [BUG# 5605]

Post by BenRad »

I hate to join the chorus, but Softpointer's Tag&Rename has also already released a point release that fixes the Amazon problem. I paid for that software and I've paid for MediaMonkey Gold...
Cid

Post by Cid »

Great. Back to the multi-prog aproach, that's the way... Where's the update?
"Fixed in build 1300. (Bugs in signature creating, Amazon did not detect them before).
Merged in build 1257."
Latest build available for DL is 1256. Just dump 1257 on a server and post a link. Can't be that hard...
Kutusov

Post by Kutusov »

guest wrote:Hi,

you don't have to wait. TagScanner (Version 5.1) has solved the problem with Amazon and does the job really good. It also offers multiple databases (Discogs etc.).

Best regards
Bernd
Thanks for the tip!
GSV3MiaC

Post by GSV3MiaC »

BenRad wrote:I hate to join the chorus, but Softpointer's Tag&Rename has also already released a point release that fixes the Amazon problem. I paid for that software and I've paid for MediaMonkey Gold...
I'll /AOL that .. however I'd also like a fix for the VCD problems that 1256 comes with (can't do anything to a VCD track once it has been played -change rating, add art, whatever, all fail silently .. attempt to rip/convert fails with an error accessing the track). Amazon changing something you can't legislate for, and I can certainly wait 48 hours for a fix. 72 even. However VCD broken is a pure MM problem which MM have had for ages and I want a patch release. Yesterday would be good.

I dunno if MM is just getting too big for its own good, but the quality / number of known bugs seems MUCH higher with every new release thee days. 2.x was fine for ages; 3.0 was somewhat flakey and 3.1 is seriously snarfed.
IanG

Post by IanG »

To whoever writes Media Monkey - and no doubt gets the $$$ for it too.

I use a piece of software to sell on Amazon. They advised me a long time ago that searches were changing, and supplied me with new software to use 2 weeks ago, that worked fine before the change, and works fine after.

If they can do it guys, why can't you ??

Ian
Kutusov

Post by Kutusov »

I ask again the same and crucial question that hasn't been answered yet...

What is the estimated release date of the new build?
Scottish_Shooter

Post by Scottish_Shooter »

Hi
I'm having the same problem. I'm nt sure wether loading the new internet explorer 8 has got anything to do with it or wether it just coinsided with me getting I.E 8 and the problem starting :(
Kutusov

Post by Kutusov »

Scottish_Shooter wrote:Hi
I'm having the same problem. I'm nt sure wether loading the new internet explorer 8 has got anything to do with it or wether it just coinsided with me getting I.E 8 and the problem starting :(
Just a coincidence, the problem is not on your end. All users are experiencing the same. The problem has to do with an Amazon security upgrade that MM didn't keep up with. You'll have to wait for a MM update.
Bullfrog110MB

Post by Bullfrog110MB »

OMFG!
This is so annoying... I just bought this "program" yesterday and now it doesn't work?
Plus, the support blows ass :)
yogu

Post by yogu »

It's an awesome program, and this is one of it's best features IMO.

It just seems like it'd be an easy fix...

...just waiting...
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

It's already been fixed, we're just waiting on the new version or beta version to be released.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
ZenDude

Post by ZenDude »

nohitter151 wrote:It's already been fixed, we're just waiting on the new version or beta version to be released.
Which will be when? 1 day, 1 week, 1 month, 1 year or when? Just a general idea would be nice.
jiri

Post by jiri »

Just to clarify: the problem happened because it wasn't possible to check out whether our former change (that was required because of a change on Amazon side) really worked well. Now it's fixed and the fix will be available as MM 3.1.1 beta together with some other improvements very soon (~1 day).

Thanks for understanding,
Jiri
ZenDude

Post by ZenDude »

jiri wrote:Just to clarify: the problem happened because it wasn't possible to check out whether our former change (that was required because of a change on Amazon side) really worked well. Now it's fixed and the fix will be available as MM 3.1.1 beta together with some other improvements very soon (~1 day).

Thanks for understanding,
Jiri
Thank you for the timely reply and relevant information!
Karolm

Post by Karolm »

ZenDude: I hope your entry is ironic: it's the 3-rd day and the 9-th page of this topic!
"I wish you well!" - Rex Stout