Last.FM Node: dynamic node based on last.fm 2020.04.19 [MM3][MM4]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Teknojnky

Re: Last.FM Node: dynamic node based on last.fm 2009.04.02 [MM3]

Post by Teknojnky »

Queueing multiple similar tracks at a time is/was one of the future things I had planned.

As an interim workaround, you can click the root last.fm node and it should display all found similar tracks to the currently playing track (this is the same list that the next track is pulled from) and you can queue up multiple songs manually from there.

I actually do that fairly often when I want to burn a cd for the car based on a particular song and/or artist.
Teknojnky

Re: Last.FM Node: dynamic node based on last.fm 2009.08.14 [MM3]

Post by Teknojnky »

script updated, let me know how it works for you.

download link in first post.
Recent Updates:

* added dj queue option (queue multiple similar tracks at one time)
* added avoid twofers option (avoid playing 2 songs by the same artist in a row)

edit:

It should be noted, that while queuing multiple tracks should not have duplicate tracks, it may have tracks by the same artist(s).

The avoid twofers only checks for PAST and CURRENT artists, not QUEUED artists.

If you absolutely do not want to hear the same artist, then ensure that you are only queuing one track at a time (and have avoid twofers checked).

The more tracks you have selected to queue, the more likely you will have tracks by the same artist. This is entirely dependent on what last.fm returns as similar tracks (and what tracks you have available in your library), some tracks have alot of the same artist songs, while other tracks have a much wider variety.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Wow

This is EXACTLY what I meant!! This rules!!! Thank you for updating the script. Once again, Last.FM Node is by far the best script for MM I've ever seen!

Nice job and keep up the awesome work!

Alex.
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

Thanks,

I have another small update probly tomorrow which adds to the last.fm menu to 'Quick Queue' similar tracks from selected tracks.

Meaning, you can select 1 or more tracks from the library/now playing, and it will pull and queue similar tracks for each one.

Basically its exactly like the autodj except you get to pick the source songs.
Teknojnky

Re: Last.FM Node: dynamic node based on last.fm 2009.08.17 [MM3]

Post by Teknojnky »

script updated

* added QuickQueue from last.fm menu, selected tracks will be queried and
each of their similar tracks will be queued (using the queue # in options)

Post by Guest »

is there an easy way to delete artist/groups/etc. nodes?
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

unfortunately not yet, you'll have to manually edit the lastfmnode.vbs.ini file in the mm\scripts\auto folder.
danasince1979

Post by danasince1979 »

just wondering why nothing happens when i try expanding sub nodes such as artist tags etc. when i click the + it just disappears.
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

danasince1979 wrote:just wondering why nothing happens when i try expanding sub nodes such as artist tags etc. when i click the + it just disappears.
have you added favorite artists or tags etc, via the last.fm menu on the toolbar? or if you have, are you having problems connecting to last.fm?

it all works fine for me at the moment
danasince1979

Post by danasince1979 »

Teknojnky wrote:
danasince1979 wrote:just wondering why nothing happens when i try expanding sub nodes such as artist tags etc. when i click the + it just disappears.
have you added favorite artists or tags etc, via the last.fm menu on the toolbar? or if you have, are you having problems connecting to last.fm?

it all works fine for me at the moment
aha i see now sorry about the confusion just came across this script and am still trying to figure it out. just plugged in a favorite and it works perfect. more than anything i m liking the dj function. have some questions about what the settings in the option panel control though????
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

all of the settings should have mouse over help explaining what they do, but if you still have questions please feel free to ask.

also, checking the last few pages of the thread might also answer them or help understand how it works.
danasince1979

Post by danasince1979 »

thanks so much for the help. i may still get back to you though. (tooltips that s smart didn t even think to hover though haha)
antiduplicity

Post by antiduplicity »

I periodically get this error when using the Last.FM node DJ mode

There was a problem querying the database. Error executing SQL "SELECT Id FROM Artists WHERE Artists="Caedmon's Call'": near "s" syntax error (1,1)

Then the "date added" of most tracks get modified and screwed up,

Any ideas?

Michael
This is who I am listening to this week
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

Hmm, no idea. This script does not do any sql updates, and the queries should not modify anything.

I would assume there is a different script causing it, or possibly your drive and/or database is corrupt.
clom

Post by clom »

I'll start of by saying that you wrote a great plug-in! It's exactly what I was looking for, and for me works much better than the Auto-DJ Last.fm script I tried previously. I do have some problems with it though:

I get this error after every time it adds a song: "Error executing script event" - so after thirty songs, there are thirty of these error notifications on screen.

Also, when I change something to the settings, I get the following errors:

"Error #438 - MS VBScript runtime error
Object doesn't support this property or method: 'SDB.IniFile.Flush'
File: ...\scripts\auto\LastFMNode.vbs", Line: 2776, Column: 2"

and

"Error happened during script execution: Object doesn't support this property or method: 'SDB.IniFile.Flush'

Hope this is useful for you? I'm using MM 3.0.6 on Vista 32-bit and the version of your script that was most recent at the time of writing this post. No other scripts are running (at least, not any that don't come standard with MM).

Also, does the script still asume that all my tracks have a rating of 2,5? What happens if they don't and what do I change in the script to avoid this? I have the rating for valid tracks set to "-1" in the script options menu.

EDIT:

Also, the script happily plays an artists more than once an hour, even though I specified in the settings to play an artist not more than once an hour. I have a moderate library (~10.000 songs), so there should be plenty to choose from. I understand that in some cases it's unavoidable to repeat artists more than specified in the settings (when there are limited songs available in a certain genre), but now it's sometimes repeating artist after one song in between so I'm assuming it's not working correctly?