iphone 3g OS 3.0 (developer preview OS)

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Div

Re: iphone 3g OS 3.0 (developer preview OS)

Post by Div »

In my opinion foobar still manages libraries much better then itunes the thing is iust that you have to invest some time into gettinh familiar with fb2k

but i am kinda sad having to wait such a long time for mm to update cause itunes is t the best option imo for sync your ipod it takes like twice as long to get the tracks on... I am glad i disabled the backup function otherwise backuping the device everytime was a realy slower
markstuartwalker

Post by markstuartwalker »

cmx wrote:Needed to load new music so started up itunes 8.2.

Was kinda surprised at how smooth it went so I experimented around...

Evidently itunes 8.2 is MUCH improved in handling large libraries compared to itunes 7 and previous versions. (122k tracks here)

Still experimenting, yet while a bit sluggish compared to MM, itunes is actually handling my library...something that was impossible previously.

One thing that is INCREDIBLY useful to me is the ability to use Remote with Airport, iphone and itunes. It works flawlessly...might be moving to itunes for playback. It is clear there is still NO WAY I could actually Manage library with itunes...
That's an interesting observation. I only started at 8.1 so I've never observerd this difference. I did discover that it 'understands' a track being used by multiple playlists and that implies a DB reorganisation to me and maybe there have been some optimisations too.

Perhaps you need to look at my script again ;-) http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... &sk=t&sd=a

Mark
Windows 7,8 / Ubuntu 13.10 / Mavericks 10.9 / iOS 7.1 / iTunes 11.1
iTunes plugin (d_itunes & itunes4) http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =2&t=45713
Running MM under Mac OS X with Wine http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =4&t=58507
Øivind

Post by Øivind »

Copy Transfer (www.copytrans.net) has obviously solved the problem. I´m using it while I´m waiting for the MM developers to catch up.

Peke

Post by Peke »

It looks that all solutions found that sync with 3.0 are only Front-ends for iTunes and MediaMonkey is standalone app working with ipods which make things much more complicated to solve. I wonder what will happen with all these applications when Apple decide to lock them out (like Palm Pre recently) from accessing iTunes.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
njkode

Post by njkode »

Peke wrote:It looks that all solutions found that sync with 3.0 are only Front-ends for iTunes and MediaMonkey is standalone app working with ipods which make things much more complicated to solve. I wonder what will happen with all these applications when Apple decide to lock them out (like Palm Pre recently) from accessing iTunes.
Palm came with a work around to that rather quickly I heard...

Wish Apple would just let us manager our music how ever we please
Wargazm

Post by Wargazm »

cmx wrote:Needed to load new music so started up itunes 8.2.

Was kinda surprised at how smooth it went so I experimented around...

Evidently itunes 8.2 is MUCH improved in handling large libraries compared to itunes 7 and previous versions. (122k tracks here)

Still experimenting, yet while a bit sluggish compared to MM, itunes is actually handling my library...something that was impossible previously.

One thing that is INCREDIBLY useful to me is the ability to use Remote with Airport, iphone and itunes. It works flawlessly...might be moving to itunes for playback. It is clear there is still NO WAY I could actually Manage library with itunes...
the thing is that if you make any changes to your files with mediamonkey, there is no way to force iTunes to re-scan and update the library so it picks up the changes. You have to use something like iTunes Library Updater for that...which is what I'm doing, but it's really cumbersome and slow.
njkode

Post by njkode »

Øivind wrote:Copy Transfer (http://www.copytrans.net) has obviously solved the problem. I´m using it while I´m waiting for the MM developers to catch up.

Are you able to upload songs to your iphone with this program, I dled it but dont see that option

Post by Guest »

Øivind wrote:Copy Transfer (http://www.copytrans.net) has obviously solved the problem. I´m using it while I´m waiting for the MM developers to catch up.

Obviously? Well, not for me... Copy trans does the job with mediocrity, it doesn't recognize lots of artwork and mp3 info.

We miss you MM!!!!! Need you back into our life!!!!!
ringgh0st

Post by ringgh0st »

regarding to the database and copytransmanager i want to recommend the iphone pc suite. written in some kind of ms framework its the ultimate iphone tool for me... anyways i use MM for ages now and NEED that UPDATE ;)

http://soft.sj.91.com/91helper/
Destruckt

My life make no sense without MM!

Post by Destruckt »

Please, we need you, MM, I'm depress, VERY DEPRESS with this part of my life incomplete. Using Itunes is making me have weird thought. Please, COME BACK!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Post by Guest »

While Copytrans allows one to add and remove audio and video files, it does not handle tags nor album art well.

We need MediaMonkey to do that!
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

jiri wrote:Just to post a short update about progress of the plug-in: it goes well, some parts are already working. Some more work is needed, I won't tell any date, but if you want a _very_ rough estimate, there could be something out in about a week.

Jiri
Not to be a stickler, but its been a week >.<
cmx

Post by cmx »

Update on my itunes 8.0 experience with a large library.

Wow. Itunes 8.xx actually works with windows and huge libraries...I'm actually kinda dumbfounded. It is fast. The flawless and totally transparent integration with Airports and Remote make it pretty nice for playback duty.

It did take over three days to load library and finish dreaded "Determining gapless playback information". 121k files 1TB.

10 hours to load files and over 48 hours for gapless.

Still would not use itunes for library management...no tools and a bit scary.
Actually loaded new cd's into storage with MM...then used itunes for playback and syncing.

So....while it is brutal getting it loaded up itunes can work for simple playback and sync chores with big libraries or just in the interim while waiting for compatibility issues with iphones and MM to be worked out.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Ryan wrote:
jiri wrote:Just to post a short update about progress of the plug-in: it goes well, some parts are already working. Some more work is needed, I won't tell any date, but if you want a _very_ rough estimate, there could be something out in about a week.

Jiri
Not to be a stickler, but its been a week >.<
Not to be a stickler, but Jiri said "could", not "would" :P
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
jiri

Post by jiri »

Note that the first beta version of the plug-in has just been released: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =6&t=41916

Jiri