Media label length/Sort string/Year

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

Wim

Media label length/Sort string/Year

Post by Wim »

Some possible enhancements :

1. Increase length of media label field

2. Seperate sort-string, so for example The Pretenders can be sorted under the P; the same applies to song titles; the default for this sort-field could be the label itself, excluding spaces, special characters and words like "The", "A", ... However it should still be possible to update the sort-field manually. This way the artist name/song title itself can keep their original formatting

3. The Year node in the tree does not show songs without a year entered; it is interesting to have an "other" category as well

4. Best-of-CD's have "Various" as artist name; this is ok for the CD, but the songs should have the Artist name filled in, not "Various"; this is probably a more difficult one to implement due to the fact that this is basically a CDDB design limitation, however since artist (Various) and song title are separated by a dash or slash, this should be possible in most cases.

Wim
jiri

Post by jiri »

Thanks for your comments, my replies:

ad 1. 50 is not engough? Ok, probably it could be increased.

ad 2. Sort-strings is generally speaking a good idea, there are some problems in it, but I believe it can be implemented in some of the future versions.

ad 3. This feature is currently accessible under Misc|Unknown year node, but you are right that this solution would be useful in some cases.

ad 4. You are right, actually it is part of freedb specification to separate artist and song title by " / ". I will change it soon.

Jiri