Wrong album art on iPod

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

wiz

Wrong album art on iPod

Post by wiz »

I tried searching and found some posts with this problem but didn't see any solution, maybe I missed it. If so apollogies.

I have an iPod (gen 5 I think - 80gb). I wiped all of the data on the iPod by resetig back to factory defaults using iTunes and then set the iPod options according to MM instruction. 99% of my library is in flac format so I use MM to sync and transcode to MP3 while syncing. All the album art on my PC is contained in each music subfolder (artist/album) with the file name of cover.jpg. In MM in the iPod device configuration/device configuration I have 'Sync all Album Art to Track Folders' selected and the file name is cover.jpg.

The problem is that none of the album art on the iPod matches the albums. Each song in an album has different album art and none of them have the correct one. I am running MM 3.1.0.1247. How do I correct this problem?
unnicorn_here

Re: Wrong album art on iPod

Post by unnicorn_here »

Hi, I have faced a similar problem with my ipod nano 4g. But in my case the album art gets jumbled up only when I add video (using Itunes). Didnt get any solutions on this forum. If anyone has a solution for it please let me know.

Cheers.
wiz

Post by wiz »

I don't use video and have only sync'd with MM since I init'd the iPod.
wiz

Post by wiz »

Someone from MM, anyone?
wiz

Post by wiz »

Anyone? MM Support?
jiri

Post by jiri »

If you search the forum, you can find that this issue happens to some users, but we haven't ever be able to pinpoint what's the source of the problem. It appears that it can be caused by using iTunes together with MM for iPod syncing, but it doesn't seem to be always the case. Can you reproduce the issue in some simple setting, e.g. just for very few tracks?

Btw, you don't need the 'Sync all Album Art to Track Folders' option for iPods, since album art is handled in its internal database.

Jiri
wiz

Post by wiz »

Hi Jiri,

Since initing the iPod with iTunes and syncing with MM I have not even launched iTunes. Since I have converted my entire (99%) of my library to flac format iTunes is useless for me so I don't even use it anymore. I guess the only time I would need to use it is when a software update comes out for the iPod.

Does it matter that the album art is not included with each track but only in the folder as cover.jpg? I am also using iPod/iTunes style directories if that matters.

Don
jiri

Post by jiri »

No, there isn't any difference in how you store album art in your library, it's always converted and stored in iPod's internal DB.

Jiri
bohdand

Post by bohdand »

I have the same problem and I believe the issue has to do with the album art properties in MM. If I have only one album art item for a song and it is labeled as Front (Cover) it seems to work most of the time (not always). Most of the time when there is more than one photo or it is not labeled as Front (Cover) it seems to be messed up on the iPod.
wiz

Post by wiz »

I only have one album art file per directory named cover.jpg. There is no embedded album art.
arttwood

Post by arttwood »

Any update on this? I have the same problem.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

arttwood wrote:Any update on this? I have the same problem.
I don't see exactly what you are looking for. Is Jiri (main developer of MM) unclear in his previous statement? --> http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 35#p207638
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
arttwood

Post by arttwood »

He was clear.. . he said he has been unable to replicate the problem. I, and other users, continue to experience this problem. I've searched this and other threads and there has not been a fix that I can apply that resolves this. Thus, my question. . .any updates/fixes that other users are aware of and have applied with success?

Art
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

arttwood wrote:He was clear.. . he said he has been unable to replicate the problem. I, and other users, continue to experience this problem. I've searched this and other threads and there has not been a fix that I can apply that resolves this. Thus, my question. . .any updates/fixes that other users are aware of and have applied with success?

Art
What about:
Jiri wrote:Can you reproduce the issue in some simple setting, e.g. just for very few tracks?
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
wiz

Post by wiz »

Jiri wrote:Can you reproduce the issue in some simple setting, e.g. just for very few tracks?
Well it happens for all tracks on my iPod 80gb. For me to try it with just a few tracks would mean resetting the iPod and then syncing a few tracks after which I'd have to sync my tracks again which took three days to do the first time. While I am very willing to do testing, supply config info and files to help solve this or any other problem I'm not willing to redo a three day sync unless of course a fix was supplied and that was the only way to get the proper album art to appear. Since this is not an isolated problem and many people are experiencing it I would think the MM developers should be able to reproduce this.