Genre Finder 5.0 - Updated 05/08/2012

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

BlueSky

Re: Genre Finder 3.2 [MM2+3]

Post by BlueSky »

This is a very useful script! Is it still working though? The results it returns for me are totally different then when I try to get the results for the same artist/album/track through the Last.Fm 2.0 API (

Code: Select all

http://ws.audioscrobbler.com/2.0/?method=track.gettoptags&artist=Skalpel&track=Quiz&api_key=...................
).

Personally I would happily use my own API key for this script. To change the call to the webservice is easy:

'str = "http://ws.audioscrobbler.com/1.0/track/"&fixurl(tmp.ArtistName)&"/"&fixurl(tmp.Title)&"/toptags.xml"
replace with
str = "http://ws.audioscrobbler.com/2.0/?method=track.gettoptags&artist="&tmp.ArtistName&"&track="&tmp.Title&"&api_key=........"
I assume it would also be necessary to rewrite the response-parser?

Thanks for this wonderful script. It is amazing how many useful tools people contribute to the MediaMonkey community.
Martin
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Yes, upgrading to the new api is on my list of things to investigate for the next version.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
MHNRadio

Post by MHNRadio »

Sure. Well, I will do the best that I can. Right now, by default, the genre finder when using tag with multiple values separates the genres using a ";". Without quotes of course. I need the script to tag the multi genre like so Genre: Genre2; Genre3; Genre4 etc. The way my website script is written to display multiple genres require the multiple genre field to be listed this way in order to work correctly.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

@MHNRadio - I can't respond to your email as your domain is rejecting it, not sure why. Obviously I can't PM as you're not registered, so here's my response...
Well the lines you would need to change are 518, 667, 894 and 2394. These are all...

dic.Item(nam) = str&"; "&res
...and would need to be replaced with something like...

If InStr(str,": ") > 0 Then
  dic.Item(nam) = str&"; "&res
Else
  dic.Item(nam) = str&": "&res
End If
...This should work but will break the duplicate genre check so you'd also need to fix the "IsDup" function on line 1774 to something like...

Function IsDup(str,res)
  IsDup = True
  Dim i : i = 0
  Dim arr : arr = Split(str,"; ")
  For i = 0 To UBound(arr)
    If i = 0 And InStr(arr(i),": ") > 0 Then
      Dim ar2 : ar2 = Split(arr(i),": ")
      If ar2(0) = res Or ar2(1) = res Then
        Exit Function
      End If
    Else
      If arr(i) = res Then
        Exit Function
      End If
    End if
  Next
  IsDup = False
End Function
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
reggie_mal

Post by reggie_mal »

RustyHappyUser wrote:Wonderful script. Found repeatable bug: unterminated string constant genrefinder.vbs line 2207 col 26

Confirm artist changes
Name Field Value Change to
Billie Ocean Genre 80s; Pop; Soul; Disco; Rnb; New Wave; Male Vocalists; Adult Contemporary; 70s; Billy Ocean; Pop-rock; Dance; Funk; Rock; Love; Quiet Storm; Romantic; Urban; 80s Pop; Oldies; Emo; 80's; Classic Rock; No Tag; Joh; Melankoliaa; Mondo Sexy; Film Music Composer; L-i-f-e; 1976; 80s Soul; Immer Wieder Gern; Male Solo Artists; Trinidad And Tobago; High School Memories; A Selection Work In Progress; Trinidadian; Jeremy Macro Somgs; 80s-90s Pop; Sing Along Loudly; Pop Rnb; Good Old Oldies That We Love; Aleister Crowley; Billy; Plus; Eighties-pop; Raul Seixas; Funky Grooves; Matt Bianco; Soul dance-pop urban; Music For My Soul; Sinnet; Anyzio Rocha; California Seixas; Argeu California Seixas; Silvio Passos; Wilson Seixas; Beto Juara; Aleyster; Kricamorena; Familia Santos; Mosca Navarro; 80s My Dear; 196878; Theasoul; Myjukebox; Brems Tagg Radio; Magic Disco Hits; Habbe1 Taggradio; Minimix; Beauty And Sadness; Erotique; 80er Pop; Music On My Profile; Eighties Office Music - Sweet; Roraima; Boa Vista; Ludzik; Lawhead; Bylly Ocean; Therell Be Sad So; Nova California Seixas; Argeu California; Caracarai; Don Kalifa; Mucajai; Aleyster Crowley; Sensual; California; Pop Music; Ballad; 90s; Yacht Rock; Slick; Smooth; Pop Rock; Rhythm And Blues; Screamo; Summery; Punk Rock
Hi, I'm still getting this problem....Is there a fix in progress, Trix?

Thanks a million for great scripts.
Bex

Post by Bex »

Does the error go away if you remove 80's from the list?
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
reggie_mal

Post by reggie_mal »

Yep, sure does.

I was hoping there was a fix so I could select tracks in bulk, and process them. Also sometimes its quite difficult to spot the unmatched quote.

Thanks
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I'm confused, the script is designed for you to select tracks and process them in bulk! :-? The apostrophes will hopefully be fixed in the next version though.
RifRaf

Post by RifRaf »

trixmoto: your plugin is very similar to one i use/made but i cannot use mine in mediamonkey (though it works perfect as far as the new tags created for compatibility). hopefully this can be of use to you in some way, eg. the whitelists have been made from many many days reviewing many lastfm results. both scripts seem to match about the same amount of files but maybe you or others can make use of the whitelist options for the plugin. it does do a few different things but all are intended to be compatible with mediamonkey.

i can't code vb for peanuts and am just trying to learn python so am not able to make a mm plugin but if you can make use of some go for it, am really happy with the way its tagging stuff here with picard. other things it does is group files well according to major genre and sets the original year tag, decades etc.
am still updating instuctions but the code and stuff can be found here http://tiptoes.hobby-site.com/mbz/lastf ... mplus.html
reggie_mal

Post by reggie_mal »

trixmoto wrote:I'm confused, the script is designed for you to select tracks and process them in bulk! :-? The apostrophes will hopefully be fixed in the next version though.
Hi Trix, yes it does, but when bulk selecting, it's difficult to find the 1 genre which has mismatching quotes.

On the same kind of subject(and I do apologise if I'm diversifying here), does anyone know of a script which can remove certain text strings from text fields within tags?

Regards
onenonymous

Post by onenonymous »

reggie_mal wrote:On the same kind of subject(and I do apologise if I'm diversifying here), does anyone know of a script which can remove certain text strings from text fields within tags?
RegExp Find & Replace 3.4 w/ 101 presets (2009-04-14)[MM2+3]
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 10&start=0
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

@RifRaf - thanks for the link, I'll check it out.

@reggie_mal - this shouldn't be an issue in the next version.
t_m

Post by t_m »

I haven't been around here for a long time, but i just updated a load of my scripts (mostly by trixmoto - thanks man!).
I had an old version of genrefinder which worked ok, but i wanted to be able to add multiple tags to my files, so I updated it to 3.2

Since I updated it i can't get it to work. it generates the confirmation page ok, with good looking results, but when i confirm I get a error:
Error #438 MS VBscript runtime error.
Object doesn't support this property or method: SDB.Database.Commit
.....genrefinder.vbs line 2225 column 18
and nothing is updated.

I've tried messing with lots of settings, but can't get it to work right.

If i disable the confirmation screen I get a similar but different error:
Error #438 MS VBscript runtime error.
Object doesn't support this property or method: SDB.Database.BeginTransaction
.....genrefinder.vbs line 765 column 4

I'm using MM2.5 on XP with Monkeyrok4 and one or two other scripts. The music is on an external usb drive, if that makes a difference.
Any ideas?
I thought about rolling back to try a previous version like 3.1, but i can't find a download.

Thanks in advance for any help!
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Wow, 2.5 - have you thought about upgrading to MM3? "Commit" and "BeginTransaction" aren't available in MM3 so if they've made it into the MM2 version then I'm sorry. I don't have any plans to work on MM2 versions of my scripts though.

You can try downloading 3.1 directly, but I don't publish any of the links to the old version - http://trixmoto.net/files/old/GenreFinder31.exe
t_m

Post by t_m »

Thanks. I'll try it out.
Its not anything essential, but i thought it'd be a useful script to play with.
You might want to update the thread title if it isn't v2 compatible anymore though... or put a link to 3.1 in the first post.

I guess I could upgrade to 3, but 2.5 has been working fine for me for a long time now... and simple upgrades always turn out to be a pain in the butt where PCs are concerned.
If it aint broke don't fix it and all that.
Maybe i'll try v3 when i have to, or when i have an empty weekend with nothing to do.

Keep up all your good work, all your scripts rock.