Swicthing views in Now Playing sorts list [NOTREP]

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

Lowlander

Re: Swicthing views in Now Playing sorts list

Post by Lowlander »

Just tried and it isn't happening and I'm on 1227. I will check with 1228 to confirm.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Also works as expected on 1228, thanks.
rusty

Post by rusty »

Tested this in 1229 and can't reproduce. Note: test environment has no scripts enabled.

Anyone still observing this problem in 1229?

-Rusty

Post by Guest »

This sounds a bit like the problem I am experiencing in 3.0.7. I still haven't figured it out.

http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =1&t=38372
rusty

Post by rusty »

I can't reproduce this either in 1332. Anyone?

-Rusty
Taomyn

Re: Swicthing views in Now Playing sorts list [NOTREP]

Post by Taomyn »

It's pretty difficult to test when changing to "Show Detailed" in Now Playing, then going to say Album,changing the display to "Show Album Art with details" and sorting by date - when going back to Now Playing it doesn't remember it was originally in "Show Detailed" and remains in "Show Album Art with details".

Why aren't the various sections in the folder tree not remembering their last display state like 3.0 did?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Taomyn wrote:It's pretty difficult to test when changing to "Show Detailed" in Now Playing, then going to say Album,changing the display to "Show Album Art with details" and sorting by date - when going back to Now Playing it doesn't remember it was originally in "Show Detailed" and remains in "Show Album Art with details".

Why aren't the various sections in the folder tree not remembering their last display state like 3.0 did?
It's never worked like that, the view mode is always persistent.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Taomyn

Post by Taomyn »

nohitter151 wrote: It's never worked like that, the view mode is always persistent.
Actually it sort of did.

In v3.0 the "Now Playing" on a fresh install, always displays as "Show details", and the options in the menu are all greyed out so it cannot be changed. All the other parts of the tree allow you to change the view and as you state, it's the same for all of those.

In v3.1 the view options have been enabled and now behaves the same and changes all the time. I personally feel having the "Now Playing" in any other view mode looks wrong.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Taomyn wrote:
nohitter151 wrote: It's never worked like that, the view mode is always persistent.
Actually it sort of did.

In v3.0 the "Now Playing" on a fresh install, always displays as "Show details", and the options in the menu are all greyed out so it cannot be changed. All the other parts of the tree allow you to change the view and as you state, it's the same for all of those.

In v3.1 the view options have been enabled and now behaves the same and changes all the time. I personally feel having the "Now Playing" in any other view mode looks wrong.
Yes that's because in 3.0 the art features were disabled in Now Playing. Since it was a much requested feature to be able to use album art in Now Playing, its now been added. The way Now Playing and the art views works is consistent with the way every other node also works. (minus the AA view, of course)

Taomyn

Post by Taomyn »

Damn that's annoying.

When you have auto-dj set to show the last x tracks and the next x tracks, the detailed view is the best and I thought it was good to keep its setting separate. The smaller "Now playing" window on the right is too small to see enough details of the upcoming tracks - plus I switch it off to get more screen space for other information rather than waste it on more duplication of data.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Taomyn wrote:Damn that's annoying.

When you have auto-dj set to show the last x tracks and the next x tracks, the detailed view is the best and I thought it was good to keep its setting separate. The smaller "Now playing" window on the right is too small to see enough details of the upcoming tracks - plus I switch it off to get more screen space for other information rather than waste it on more duplication of data.
Well you can always manually change the view back...

Is it really that much of a burden??

Taomyn

Post by Taomyn »

nohitter151 wrote: Well you can always manually change the view back...

Is it really that much of a burden??
It's a bit like opening a folder in Windows that contains just images, changing it to "Thumbnail view" so I can quickly see the contents, then opening another folder, say C:\Windows\System32, finding it's also changed to thumbnails when detailed view is more useful, so changing it back, then going back to my images folder finding it's changed to "Detail view"....... repeat ad-nauseum
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Well as annoying as it may be for you, I think that its better to keep it consistent with the other nodes you can select from. It doesn't really make sense to add all sorts of confusing exceptions, because then other users will complain about those.

Taomyn

Post by Taomyn »

It also doesn't make sense to make a change like this when some people that have paid for the product liked it the way it was.

As I see it people now have the "Now playing" different to the rest of the tree with no way to change it. Why not simply make it changeable but keep it separate from the rest still.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Taomyn wrote:It also doesn't make sense to make a change like this when some people that have paid for the product liked it the way it was.
Clearly everyone can't agree on what's best, but I think that here there was a clear majority that wanted art in the Now Playing node. You can always go back to older versions if you prefer them.
As I see it people now have the "Now playing" different to the rest of the tree with no way to change it. Why not simply make it changeable but keep it separate from the rest still.
Because that's confusing as well as inconsistent, and I'm sure for as many people that agree with what you are saying, there are the same number of people (or more) who will disagree.

Edit: Maybe this script can help you: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=144551