Which program to skin?

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

nohitter151

Re: Which program to skin?

Post by nohitter151 »

Fraxav wrote:So, I can save images as .ico and I can define palettes too. I don't know if there's a way to add different images sizes to the same file, cause I don't usually make icons, but if it's not supported in the program there's probably some plugin for it.
Btw, icofx has some good and interesting features that are not exactly related to image editing.
Yeah, you're right. Paint.net has a plugin for .ico files. It just doesn't have all the features that I need! IcoFX is much better for .ico file creation. It's almost like saying "MM can handle video files with a plugin". Sure, it can, but its handling of them is buggy and misses features, so why wouldn't I use another program that's better optimized to handle videos?
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
gege

Post by gege »

gege wrote:
nohitter151 wrote:I only just started using IcoFX but it is a great icon editing program that is also free and easy to use.
Hey! I didn't know that. It looks really good and powerful. I used to use Microangelo, but it sucks. And it isn't free.
I'll give IcoFX a try, for sure. Thanks for the tip, nohitter.
Well, I just tested IcoFX and it seems I have a new fav application.
Bye bye, Microangelo, I won't miss you.
Fraxav

Post by Fraxav »

nohitter151 wrote: IcoFX is much better for .ico file creation.
I believe it. Well I guess it's all about how deep you want to go in managing your icon. And I'll sure give icoFX a try for some tasks I find useful.
Btw, MM should be able to handle icons too. :D
I don't have no time for no MediaMonkey buisness...

Fraxav uses a Windows XP Home Edition SP2 on an Acer Aspire 5670 laptop with an Intel Core Duo T2300 (1.66 GHz) processor, ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 512 MB, 100 GB Hard Disc and 1 GB DDR2 Ram.