Can't srcobble Ipod

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Kapten_Iglo

Can't srcobble Ipod

Post by Kapten_Iglo »

Hey,
is it possible to scrobble my Ipod (G5 80GB) using MM 3 and last.fm?
Scobbling MM is no problem at all, as well as synchronizing the Ipod. But how do I manage it to scrobble the Ipod with MM???
Hope you can help me!
nohitter151

Re: Can't srcobble Ipod

Post by nohitter151 »

Hi,

MM can't handle scrobbling iPod plays. Look at some of the options mentioned in this thread: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... obble+ipod
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
dinkydave

Post by dinkydave »

The last lastpod method works very well (not tried the qtscrob.sourceforge.net method so can't comment on it) and I have exactly the same ipod which you are using.

Changing the subject slightly, does anyone know if MM scrobbling still needs you to be using the 'old version' of the Winamp plugin, as I have been turning down the upgrade every day now for ~a year and thought it about time I double checked to see if I can now use the upgrade and not lose the scrobbling to last.fm??
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

dinkydave wrote:The last lastpod method works very well (not tried the qtscrob.sourceforge.net method so can't comment on it) and I have exactly the same ipod which you are using.

Changing the subject slightly, does anyone know if MM scrobbling still needs you to be using the 'old version' of the Winamp plugin, as I have been turning down the upgrade every day now for ~a year and thought it about time I double checked to see if I can now use the upgrade and not lose the scrobbling to last.fm??
No, the new version of the Winamp scrobbler is still broken. Your options are to keep using that one, to switch to the old winamp standalone plugin, or to upgrade to the new MM beta version with the new native scrobbler plugin.

See http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 72#p148972 for details.

dinkydave

Post by dinkydave »

Thanks for the quick answer. I am slightly nervous to try a beta version as part of me is saying what I am using now is working fine, so don't mess with it (I might even miss turning down the upgrade, I've got so use to doing it now :roll: ). If I am feeling brave I might try it tomorrow,
Cheers,
Dave
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

dinkydave wrote:Thanks for the quick answer. I am slightly nervous to try a beta version as part of me is saying what I am using now is working fine, so don't mess with it (I might even miss turning down the upgrade, I've got so use to doing it now :roll: ). If I am feeling brave I might try it tomorrow,
Cheers,
Dave
I'm sure it won't be too long before 3.1 is determined to be stable, and you do have a working option as it stands now - so it's totally up to you.

dinkydave

Post by dinkydave »

Hi nohitter151,
thanks for the advice, but I perhaps foolishly went ahead and installed the beta version of MM (3.1.0.1216) last night and am now stuck?? I have downloaded the Last.fm plugin (v1.0.2.7), but when I try to install this I just get a pop-up saying 'Product Installation error' and no matter how many times I try it, I just keep getting the same message. I have uninstalled the last.fm scrobbler from my computer but plugin still won't install. I know it is a long shot, but do you (or anyone else) have any suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong??
NB. I am using MM Gold on a newish computer (Window Vista Home Premium (don't know if this is important??))
Cheers,
Dave
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

dinkydave wrote:Hi nohitter151,
thanks for the advice, but I perhaps foolishly went ahead and installed the beta version of MM (3.1.0.1216) last night and am now stuck?? I have downloaded the Last.fm plugin (v1.0.2.7), but when I try to install this I just get a pop-up saying 'Product Installation error' and no matter how many times I try it, I just keep getting the same message. I have uninstalled the last.fm scrobbler from my computer but plugin still won't install. I know it is a long shot, but do you (or anyone else) have any suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong??
NB. I am using MM Gold on a newish computer (Window Vista Home Premium (don't know if this is important??))
Cheers,
Dave
You can only install extensions by running MediaMonkey as administrator when you install the plugin.

Open MM by right clicking the icon, then go to "Run as administrator". After that install the extension and it will work fine. You only have to do that when installing extensions, but not subsequently to use them. Also, 1219 is the most recent beta version, you should always use the latest version available.

dinkydave

Post by dinkydave »

nohitter151 wrote:
dinkydave wrote:Hi nohitter151,
Cheers,
Dave
You can only install extensions by running MediaMonkey as administrator when you install the plugin.

Open MM by right clicking the icon, then go to "Run as administrator". After that install the extension and it will work fine. You only have to do that when installing extensions, but not subsequently to use them. Also, 1219 is the most recent beta version, you should always use the latest version available.
Hi,
just installed the latest version (didn't notice there were two pages :roll: ) and run as administrator, but just get the same message when double clicking on the plugin ('Product Installation error'). Do not worry about this, I will go back to the old method of scrobbling as I know this works. Thanks for your efforts though,
Cheers,
Dave