Whislist: Embeddable visualization

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

Visualization should be:

You may select 1 option

View results

Fraxav

Whislist: Embeddable visualization

Post by Fraxav »

Hi there.
Don't seem someone posted something about that, so i will:
This afternoon i found a topic where an embeddable (dockable) version of the visualization window was made. http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... highlight=
I like that and, togheter with some people, i think that the visualization window should be embeddable in the new powerful MM3.
Or (maybe better) i'd like an option to swich the visualization mode from "windowed" to "embeddable", since someone prefers to have it in another window.
I'm adding a poll in this post so you Dev's (and me) can see what people thinks about this.
Just vote and let us know :)
Bye!
I don't have no time for no MediaMonkey buisness...

Fraxav uses a Windows XP Home Edition SP2 on an Acer Aspire 5670 laptop with an Intel Core Duo T2300 (1.66 GHz) processor, ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 512 MB, 100 GB Hard Disc and 1 GB DDR2 Ram.
Fraxav

Post by Fraxav »

Update: reading the post i linked to, you can see that that "hack" needs some more work. Please help the guy with it because of course, if develpoers are going to add this feature, it has to be good working :P .

Fraxav uses a Windows XP Home Edition SP2 on an Acer Aspire 5670 laptop with an Intel Core Duo T2300 (1.66 GHz) processor, ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 512 MB, 100 GB Hard Disc and 1 GB DDR2 Ram.
Fraxav

Post by Fraxav »

Please, if you decide to submit your vote, also leave a short post so we can read what you think :)
Thank you.

Steegy

Post by Steegy »

I'd like it to be dockable (and floatable), and of course able to display fullscreen (e.g. on double-click or a right-click option).

BTW: This is a known wish.
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
Fraxav

Post by Fraxav »

BTW: This is a known wish.
I know. I looked for a post with this very request, but i couldn't find it so i decided to post it :P

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I personally like Windows Media Player implementation. This is also easier to full screen the visualization.
MM3 monkey

Re: Whislist: Embeddable visualization

Post by MM3 monkey »

Steegy today here:
Steegy wrote:"A dockable visualisation window is probably easy to accomplish for the MM devs."
Maybe this can be the revived thread for this wish:-

Start the default visualisation in one click (or Ctrl+Alt hotkey) embedded in a dockable window with a hide-able titlebar and able to display fullscreen (e.g. on double-click or a right-click option)

---
MediaMonkey 2.3 big wish "... docking of other windows such as album art, equalizer, lyrics, history, visualization, etc. ..."

Condensed Wishlist:... 9. Option to integrate Visualisation into Mediamonkey's main window. ...

Auto embedded Visualisation

http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =4&t=10948 ... Visualisation Plug-ins a check box to have them run/embedded in a dockable window or not. (over near the Configure Button)

My MM3 Wishlist: Dockable visualization

Re: MoDementia's Wishlist List (Updated 17-02-07 MM3) Last edit 11-05-08

Request for embedding visualisation into dockable panel - Steegy's working version
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
MoDementia

Post by MoDementia »

This has been a long time wish of mine, not just visulisations but "plugins" like mini lyrics etc.
Steegys work is outstanding, many thanks to him, but the time has come for for a real MM solution, please :)
Dreadlau

Post by Dreadlau »

MMM. I don't understand why 1436 is tagged as resolved :-?
Seven Ultimate X64 SP1 / Sansa Clip 2go (with RockBox)
Fraxav

Post by Fraxav »

Dreadlau wrote:MMM. I don't understand why 1436 is tagged as resolved :-?
Because it's a duplicate, I guess. The other similar wish is 'New'.
As I already said somewhere, I'm using the visualization really seldom right now. But, again, I'd rather like it natively embedded in MM, with further options to run it not embedded and to switch it to full screen (which is also what the poll is saying).

MM3 monkey

Post by MM3 monkey »

Yes, I don't know why* I left that out about the "option not to..." it's got all the votes (including mine).

I just took it for granted: *lazy! I did mention full-screen (obviously wants to work whether you're in embedded mode or not).

The devs don't need it explained anyway. Peace devs, btw, it's really not a big deal to me.