1208: WARNING. BACKUP BEFORE INSTALLING.

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

Owyn

1208: WARNING. BACKUP BEFORE INSTALLING.

Post by Owyn »

Initial install caused:
- Database upgrade (probably to fix Songs.Extension)
- Loss of custom scripts in Scripts.Ini (I fortunately had backed up just before installing and restored Scripts.ini from the backup zip. Thanks Trixmoto, could not have been testing your Backup 5.1 script at a better time).

Have not had time yet to do any more tests, I just did the install minutes ago.
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum. (Ambrose Bierce)
I drink therefore I am. (Monty Python)
Vista 32bit Home Premium SP2 / MM3.2.1.1297 Gold / Last.Fm 1.0.2.22 / IE8
Dell Inspiron 530 (1.8 Core2 / 2GB)
Skin: Vitreous Blue
Scripts: Add/Remove Playstat|Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix|Album Art Tagger|Backup|Batch Art Finder|Calculate Cover Size|Case&Leading Zero Fixer|DB_Audit|DB_Clean|DB_Schema|Event Logger|Genre Finder|Lyricator|Magic Nodes|MM2VLC|Monkey Rok|MusicIP Tagger|PUID Generator|RegExp Find & Replace|Right Click for Scripts|Scriptreloader|SQL Viewer|Stats(Filtered)|Tagging Inconsistencies
Owyn

Re: 1208: WARNING. BACKUP BEFORE INSTALLING.

Post by Owyn »

Scripts: Add/Remove Playstat|Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix|Album Art Tagger|Backup|Batch Art Finder|Calculate Cover Size|Case&Leading Zero Fixer|DB_Audit|DB_Clean|DB_Schema|Event Logger|Genre Finder|Lyricator|Magic Nodes|MM2VLC|Monkey Rok|MusicIP Tagger|PUID Generator|RegExp Find & Replace|Right Click for Scripts|Scriptreloader|SQL Viewer|Stats(Filtered)|Tagging Inconsistencies
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Thanks for the warning but interestingly I didn't lose mine.

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

nynaevelan wrote:Thanks for the warning but interestingly I didn't lose mine.

Nyn
Yeah. I am scrambling here to reconstruct the upgrade. I forgot to save the Scripts.ini from the upgrade before I fixed the problem. Will post to Mantis when I have a reproducible test case.

I was going to restore from my external drive backup and just realized that my "Full" backup is data only. Psigh.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Owyn wrote:
nynaevelan wrote:Thanks for the warning but interestingly I didn't lose mine.

Nyn
Yeah. I am scrambling here to reconstruct the upgrade. I forgot to save the Scripts.ini from the upgrade before I fixed the problem. Will post to Mantis when I have a reproducible test case.
BTW:

I just installed 1208 on my work computer and I didn't lose here here either, but I did back it up prior because I do not run backups on this computer.

Nyn

Owyn

Post by Owyn »

Ok. It is not a Scripts.Ini issue. Have not been able to reproduce corruption in that file, but, I do have missing Scripts in Tools -> Scripts.

Specifically, Backup and SQL Viewer.

Also checked the schema, and there are no changes 1207->1208 so the upgrade is just to clean up Songs.Extension.
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

No more testing for a while today. Will be away from test system.
grillmeister7

Post by grillmeister7 »

I installed before seeing this message.

Found one issue with Randomize Playlists script: when trying to Randomize an auto playlist, I got a message 'must selct a playlist node'. I don't think it makes sense to randomize an autoplaylist so I'd say the error message is misworded.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

You should post this in the Randomize Script forum, but I do not have the option to randomize an autoplaylist. Where are you seeing it??

Nyn

Bex

Post by Bex »

My upgrade to 1208 worked just fine!
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

I see nothing wrong either. Scripts.ini is fine and I see no missing options in the Scripts menu.
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

Mizery_Made wrote:I see nothing wrong either. Scripts.ini is fine and I see no missing options in the Scripts menu.
I am back for a few minutes and noticed that I could not get a copied script to show up properly either. (I copied in v0.6.0 of script but it kept running v0.5.6).

So, guessing it might be a Vista issue. I clean installed 1208 and re-added scripts. Script menu is now back to what I had in 1207 (and I retested as 1207 to confirm that) and Backup ran at startup. Now have a WSH error from the Backup script.

This is starting to smell like a Vista UAC/Virtual Store/Security issue. Recreating the problem may be tricky. I also noticed one user reported that they had to run 1208 as Admin. This could be a related problem.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Possibly, but mine worked fine on Vista Ultimate machine. But I have UAC turned off and I installed original MM as an administrator so I do not need to run as admin for future installations of MM or scripts/skins.

Nyn

Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

Just noting that I run Vista Premium, however I disabled UAC ages ago. Thus it's not a general Vista problem (or at least Premium), so UAC might indeed be the culprit.
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

Yeah. I need to sit down with some paper and plan out a test for this. Have to be later though, on my way again.