Auto-Organize option: hide un-modified tracks

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

Teknojnky

Auto-Organize option: hide un-modified tracks

Post by Teknojnky »

I would really love it if the auto-organize dialog had a checkbox to hide/ignore/not display any tracks which would not modify with the auto-org mask.

This would make it soooooo much easier to see which files had tags modifed that did not match the right filename/path.

When I select 1000 tracks for auto-organize, and all are white (un-modified) with a handful of yellow, its very cumbersome to try to scroll through the list and see which tracks are yellow (modified).
Lowlander

Re: Auto-Organize option: hide un-modified tracks

Post by Lowlander »

More importantly it becomes a hassle to locate those that would be duplicate location (red highlight). I think this would be a great feature. The ability to hide/show tracks to modify, tracks that duplicate location and/or tracks that remain unmodified.

Maybe the ability to sort the tracks on this status would be nice too.
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

yea, an option to sort duplicate conflicts (red) to the top would be awesome as well.
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

The only thing about this is Gold offers a helpful tool on this subject, that being the "Unorganized tracks" node which will only show those files which need to be organized. That cuts out all the white space. Those not using Gold have the option of Trixmoto's Un Auto Organised script which does similar. The only thing these don't do is account for red links. Though that doesn't stop you from clicking No when it asks you if you want to overwrite and then look at the new Unorganized list which should then only show files which will cause an overwrite, then you could go from there on how to handle them.
MoDementia

Post by MoDementia »

You just made my day Mizery :)
I had never noticed the node "Unorganized tracks" before now, this was one of, if not the, first script I ever wrote Needs Auto Organise v1.2.3 (02-07-06)
I got busy and stopped scripting so Trix took it over and produced Un Auto Organised
But to have a script incorporated into MM proper has really really made my day. Woot!
MoDementia

Post by MoDementia »

PS. Techno's post is exactly why I wrote the script in the first place. The node really helps filter out the non changed tracks
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

I actually remembered your script, Mo, even though I never got it properly working on the computer I was using at the time. Trix did some great stuff though, after using your script as a base for his. It's nice too to see the functionality of it incorporated into the program itself. I still use Trix's script though, though I've had to rely more on the build in node since my most recent mask breaks his script.