Bleep driving me mad.

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

sondale

Bleep driving me mad.

Post by sondale »

Hi - I am not sure if this is the correct place / forum to ask this question - moderators please remove the topic if not the case.

So what is the problem - I have just setup a mini-atx (Jetway Eden) with 2.5 SATA drive as a Music Server. I have MediaMonkey with ASIO USB working (I had used Asio4All through the soundcard and it worked well), this feeds into a Peter Daniels USB DAC and all is well except that every 33 seconds there is a loud bleep.

I cannot find anything that could be causing this - I have switch most services off and been through the BIOS settings several times. I did think the pc was polling the USB - but it is supposed to do that 120 times a second - not every 33 seconds.

Does anybody have any idea as to what is happening and more importantly any idea how to fix it before I go bleeping mad :evil:

Alan
rovingcowboy

Re: Bleep driving me mad.

Post by rovingcowboy »

PC, beeping because of low batterie? :o
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
sondale

Post by sondale »

It is mains-powered, so probably not, but it could be the cmos battery, I will check that out.

I have found that there are problems depending on which USB port is used but on this board both USB ports are on the same header. I may just try fiddling with the USB ports / settings.
sondale

Post by sondale »

Sorted - quote on the download site: -

At first it will run in demo mode and "beep" every 30 seconds. On buying it you'll get a personal unlock-key that turns it into a full version for Windows or a replacement driver for Mac respectively.

Thank goodness for that!

Alan :oops:
Trev1

Post by Trev1 »

I have the same problem - and I have purchased MM Gold version.
FOur ould beeps followed by a pause (couple of minutes) then four loud beeps followed by a pause and so on. Its very annoying and im
not sure whether its MM thats the problem, but what I can say is that
ive only had the problem since ive been using MM.

ANy help would be much appreciated !
Thank you !
znorter

Post by znorter »

sondale wrote:Sorted - quote on the download site: -

At first it will run in demo mode and "beep" every 30 seconds. On buying it you'll get a personal unlock-key that turns it into a full version for Windows or a replacement driver for Mac respectively.

Thank goodness for that!

Alan :oops:
Uh? Download from where?
I own a samsung Q45 with MM and asio, no usb port used; the laptop has 1 year so I hope that the battery is NOT at the end of life. BUT this terrible "bleep" always ON!
Where is the problem?

Help me please...
L.