1188 and Rating Sync'ing

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

dnlusa

1188 and Rating Sync'ing

Post by dnlusa »

I have been testing the new beta that supports iPhone 3G 2.1 and it works greats! (I am so happy!).

However, I miss one feature that I used a lot with my old iPod, which is the ability to sync back from the device to the PC. In my case I used it to sync the Rating status from a song (I listen to most of the music in the device and I rate them as I liked them or not, then the rating is copied back to the Media Monkey library).

Is this feature ever going to be supported for the iPhone 3G??

thanks!

dnl
jiri

Re: 1188 and Rating Sync'ing

Post by jiri »

Synchronization of Rating and Playcound back from iPhone works fine, I normally use it. You don't have to configure anything, it should work as is.

Jiri
dnlusa

Post by dnlusa »

Hi,

I have been doing some tests but I am not able to make this work. It does work with my iPod 2nd generation and other devices, but for the iPhone, the option to "Auto-Sync Tracks from the device to the PC" is blocked and I can not activated (see screenshot). The result is that the rating do not sync from the device to the PC. Any suggestion?

thanks!

dnl
rusty

Post by rusty »

The "Auto-Sync Tracks from the device to the PC" is not required to synchronize ratings (on either iPhones or iPods). That option is used to enable synchronization of _tracks_ that have been updated on the device back to the PC.

note: based on tests with iPhone (original) + 2.1 firmware + MM 3.0.6.1190, synchronization of ratings works, though I did see a few instances in which playcounts did not update.

-Rusty
fenrir

Post by fenrir »

Doesnt work for me either, other info like "Last played" and all are syncing but not the ratings. If I modify the rating on the iPhone (2G, 2.1) it is not reflected even after manually running auto sync!

I'm using build 1190

my bad.. it works.. needed to disconnect and reconnect.
:D
dnlusa

Post by dnlusa »

Well, actually it worked for me after deleting all songs and doing some tests with only a small group of songs. Then I fully load the iPhone and stopped sync'ing again ( :( ). I opened a trouble ticket with Support and I am now sending them the logs and doing some tests. I have not been able to reproduce the problem always but it seems that it has to do with the amount of songs in the phone. Disconnnecting and reconnecting does provoke some reaction some times.

Lets see if we figure out what is going on.

thanks

dnl

PD: BTW, I recommend anybody to use the iMonkey application for the iPhone. It is great!
Dilly

Post by Dilly »

I am also having the same issue with ratings not transferring back to MM 3.2.4 from ipod touch 4th gen. Using iphone.dll. Anybody come up with a solution for this yet? Thanks
dnlusa

Post by dnlusa »

my conclusion after two years, using two iphones and an ipad is that is not estable. for a while a limited the number of songs to sync to 1000 and worked fine, then it worked fined and then stopped working. Nowadays it seems to work, but if once does not work I need to delete everything in the device and start again.....